1 Replies - 649 Views - Last Post: 31 August 2019 - 08:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Going from JavaEE/Spring to C#

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

For those of you who know how JavaEE or Spring work, what sorts of things do I need to be aware of if I want to make the switch? I've been a JavaEE developer for several years now, using many different aspects of the JavaEE specs (JAX-RS for restful webservices, JSF for front end, JPA for database etc). I've also dealt with the most common web servers for JavaEE (mostly Websphere)

So as someone who did all this for years, what exactly do I need to know to get to a professional level in C#?

Just a word of caution for some people - many of you know Java, but may not know what JavaEE or Spring are. If you are unsure of this, just be aware that this is NOT a request for syntax related questions about transitioning to C#.

Thanks!

PS to mods: If this is not the best forum please feel free to move it.

This post has been edited by NecroWinter: 30 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Going from JavaEE/Spring to C#

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Going from JavaEE/Spring to C#

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

I mostly deal with C#, but had to deal with JavaEE for about a year in ancillary manner. One main thing that you'll need to get used to is that there is no "tuning the garbage collector" in the .NET world. In C#, you'll need to specifically write your code to work more efficiently with the .NET Framework garbage collector. This is different in the JavaEE world where my colleagues were just putting together code willy-nilly, then looking at the results of load testing and actual production performance, then looking at tuning the garbage collector as their first tool in the toolbox, where as my first instinct is to look at the source code to see what algorithm they are using that is causing the poor performance.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1