2 Replies - 1039 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Beginner's help! Feedback for my new site pls!

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:03 AM

Hi Guys! I am currently working with a new canvas site. As of the moment, I am polishing it. Can anyone suggest/advice of the design & user experience in individual perspective. Itd be great to receive your critiques on this website. https://www.enjoycanvas.com/ Thank you!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Beginner's help! Feedback for my new site pls!

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Beginner's help! Feedback for my new site pls!

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

Very nice site! Some things that could use a little polish...

1) When you click through the slider at the top, I noticed that it has a small box before the image "pops into" place. Try preloading your images before so that the user doesn't have to load the images as the slider is moving.

2) Login | Register, wishlist and cart icons can use a little bit of alignment tweaking and spacing adjusted. Right now they don't seem to line up correctly with the search box. Also the extra space between login | register and wishlist seems to throw it off too.

3) Drop down menus are nice, but the submenu items (which have the red arrow pointing to the right e.g. Disney under the movie menu) are not quite aligned. They should be centered in "Disney" item. I would probably go with a more bold looking icon arrow than just ">"

4) "Superb quality prints" text is getting lost against the background. One trick to help is to throw some kind of semi-transparent box behind the text so it contrasts against it, but not so strong that it overwhelms the nice background.

Those are just a few first impressions I got. I didn't dig into the site too much more than that.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Beginner's help! Feedback for my new site pls!

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

Yes, that's my goal as of the moment,

1. We are using lazy load that is why the small box appear first. To be able to load the site faster. But let me see what can I do with it.

2. Yay! I haven't notice this. Thanks for this.

3. Oh! Ya! I just saw it. I'll adjust it.

4. We'll change the background in to more lighter? We'll try that.

Thank you so much for your feedback. It means a lot to me as a beginner. ^_^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1