1 Replies - 170 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for suggestions on building a list app? Any help appreciated.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

Hey all. To keep things short i'm trying to build an app (both android and apple if possible) that simply lists 1000 games i've made. A simple interface where the user picks one of the options like "2 player", "dice games", "card games" etc... and it brings up a list of those games.

Integration of a star rating system would be nice to have things organized by popularity.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good (free or cheap) GUI interfaces for devoloping apps? I don't want to pay a few hundred into an app making software only to find out it doesn't do what i need it to.

For a bit of background i do have a certificate in software development, but no experience in making apps. I'm fluent in Java, and know some basic html, css and can manage a SQL database. If the app software could import and organize an SQL database that would be cash-money because i could just make the database, then pay for the software for 1 month, add it all in and be good. If there's a simple interface with minimal backend coding required out there that would be good too (4 years of Java, i've done my time.) but if coding is needed i can handle that.

Thank you to all that help out in advance. You're all beautiful people.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for suggestions on building a list app? Any help appreciated.

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for suggestions on building a list app? Any help appreciated.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

You could use Xamarin to build the app, and host the database on a web server accessible by a web service or api. None of what you are asking is over the top complicated.

https://dotnet.micro...om/apps/xamarin

Do know building for iOS would require an iOS machine to compile it against... and I think they still require a 'developer fee' up front.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1