3 Replies - 1026 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2019 - 02:52 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

client/server vb.net

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

hey everyone, i am attempting to do something that a lot of you would consider extremely stupid for someone like me whos only coding experience is vb6 back in college and thats upgrading a vb6 project to vb.net and while yes i know i shouldnt use the upgrade wizard in visual studio 2008 i did and it has gotten me about 85% done,

i have found some solutions to a couple of issues regarding addons, the first one being a replacement for vbgold software active resize, i know i could just buy the software but its about 90 dollars and i found this to replace it http://www.vbforums....omatic-Resizing,

the 2nd issue is with the client/server part, in vb6 this project used something called socket wrench tools which is a 400 dollar piece of software which i will not buy and i ended up finding this on youtube https://www.youtube....h?v=BqxP4b6TEZY and with the help of the internet time machine i managed to get all of the source code for it

the only issue i am having is getting it set up which i havent started yet and also figuring out how to get it to accept usernames and passwords, if anyone has any ideas about either or would like to see the vb6 source code i am working please let me know.

huge thanks in advance for any help/advice you may have.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: client/server vb.net

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: client/server vb.net

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

I am not following. Which part of that are you having issues with?

Post the relevant code attempt and any error messages as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

this may help

to give a little background on this project so that it makes sense, it was created back in 2006 as a replacement for a website called the msn gaming zone that had some cd based games where you would join the main lobby and from there you would click a button to "host" a game and once you have however many people in your room you would click launch and it would launch the game in whats called direct play mode and you would be hosting the multiplayer side and the other people in your room their games would launch as well and they would join through direct play, this is a replacement for that but from talking to the person who made it he never got it working with direct play and instead did it differently, what i am wanting is of course getting the source code updated to work on modern versions of windows with the chat etc and also with the games coded into it as well as one other if possible, if you would like to take a look at the source code please let me know and i can provide the github link.

and yes i have full permission from the author to do this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

Yes. post the relevant code attempt and any error messages as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1