2 Replies - 266 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2019 - 01:02 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Cleanup / Reset/ Clear the VS Code Editor's Gutter?

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

Is there a way to clear the gutter on the right side of the VS editor? I know that you can right-click on the gutter, and in the Scroll Bar Option un-check the "Show Annotations." This completely disables the gutter, but doesn't actually clear it. If you re-enable the gutter it still has all the markings from before.

After a while the gutter becomes so cluttered it's a distraction and mostly useless. I can hardly see where the scrollbar slider knob is!

The gutter is very useful and I don't want to disable it. I just want to reset/clear it from time to time, so I can start it off from where I am now, rather than reminding me of the past which no longer matters.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Cleanup / Reset/ Clear the VS Code Editor's Gutter?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Cleanup / Reset/ Clear the VS Code Editor's Gutter?

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

There is no resetting the annotations unless you turn them off. Changes go away when code is checked in or project restarted. Errors only when you fix them. Marks the same.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Cleanup / Reset/ Clear the VS Code Editor's Gutter?

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 30 November 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Changes go away when ... project restarted.

Ah, the brute force method. Well, I needed to get my mind out of the gutter anyway, so I'll just close the project, take a break away from the computer, and it will have a nice new sparkling clean gutter when I restart it later.

Seriously, though, thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1