13 Replies - 1141 Views - Last Post: 22 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can something like this be done in OpenGL and Direct X?

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:21 AM

I have reasons to believe I'm being subjected to subliminal messages. I think I'm being shown 3 types of subliminal messages. These are:

1. Messages shown for very short duration
2. Messages whose color is slightly varied to blend with the background
3. Messages whose opacity is varied to blend with the background

I suspect I'm being shown such messages all the time I'm using the computer, whether I'm browsing Internet, watching a movie or playing a game. I also suspect the audio I listen to on the computer has subliminals too.

My programming knowledge doesn't go beyond the basics of C, C++, Java and Python. So I'm doubtful if something like this can be done in OpenGL and Direct X? And if it would be computationally intensive? I use both Linux and Windows. Can it be possible to create a software, which can analyze each frame which is being displayed on my screen and actively vary the message color to blend with what is being displayed? Like for example, most of you here might know most computers and monitors display colors using RGB, different colors can be produced by varying the values of each color in RGB, like, R can be set 157, G can be set 240 and B can be set 255. Now lets say I'm using the computer, and I'm browsing, for some reason I go to a website which shows red color on the entire webpage, there is no text or images, no audio, so the RGB value of this would be R = 255, G = 0 and B = 0. This software which I suspect is showing me subliminals, might vary the color of the subliminal message to blend with the background, like it'll display the subliminal message with these RGB values R = 245, G = 0 and B = 0. Because I'm a human, to me, consciously most shades of red seem similar but as my eyes and brain is different, even slight difference in R value might be registered and understood by the subconscious, so this subliminal message with RGB(245, 0, 0) on a webpage with just red with RGB(255, 0, 0) might seem the same shade throughout to me consciously but my subconscious mind being able to distinguish between many share might register the message.

Is there way to identify such subliminals and the ones in audio? Is there a way to safe guard against such.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can something like this be done in OpenGL and Direct X?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can something like this be done in OpenGL and Direct X?

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:41 AM

Moved to the lounge.

In general - why do you believe there are visual and audio subliminal messages being displayed via your various OS installs?

So I'm doubtful if something like this can be done in OpenGL and Direct X?

In theory either could be used.

And if it would be computationally intensive?

Depends.

I use both Linux and Windows. Can it be possible to create a software, which can analyze each frame which is being displayed on my screen and actively vary the message color to blend with what is being displayed?

In theory, yes. If you knew what you were looking for. Could be as simple as changing the brightness and contrast or it could be infinitely more harder.

Is there way to identify such subliminals and the ones in audio?

I would imagine there are audio analysis tools out there.

Is there a way to safe guard against such.

Again, it depends.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:13 AM

Is there a particular person with access to your environments and an in-depth knowledge of what's required to do that, or are the primary suspects "them" and "they?"
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 19 December 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

Is there a particular person with access to your environments and an in-depth knowledge of what's required to do that, or are the primary suspects "them" and "they?"

I know one person who might have technical knowledge to do something like that, they could have access to my PC too. But it's mostly "they" and "them", including the aforementioned person.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 19 December 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

In general - why do you believe there are visual and audio subliminal messages being displayed via your various OS installs?

Because of suspicious things I have been experiencing.

In theory either could be used.

If I'm Linux it would be OpenGL and if Windows it would be Direct X.

Depends.

Will such per frame analysis be computationally intensive, is it something an average graphics card or iGPU and CPU can do without causing lags?

In theory, yes. If you knew what you were looking for. Could be as simple as changing the brightness and contrast or it could be infinitely more harder.

I would imagine there are audio analysis tools out there.

Would it be better to run the audio or video through a different system to record and analyze or do it on the same system?

Again, it depends.

On what?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostnoviceFedora, on 19 December 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Because of suspicious things I have been experiencing.

Elaborate please.

Will such per frame analysis be computationally intensive, is it something an average graphics card or iGPU and CPU can do without causing lags?

Depends on what you are looking for, how the video footage is made (like a camcorder on a tripod over your shoulder, etc) and what not. "analysis" is super duper vague, and video analysis tools already exist.

Would it be better to run the audio or video through a different system to record and analyze or do it on the same system?

Maybe? Perhaps the previously mentioned tripod.

Is there a way to safe guard against such.

Again, it depends.

On what?

on any number of rational and irrational things that may or may not be going on. You could go for an OS that boots off a thumb drive and runs in ram while keeping the thumb drive with your 24x7.. run an OS inside some container.. or just not use one pc but a library and vary the pcs you use.

I don't know what level of trolling this maybe is, or xfiles/black mirror territory this is all traipsing in. No hard or fast answers when all that is being offered is nebulous fluff.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

[quote name='modi123_1' date='19 December 2019 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1576790756' post='2410379']

Elaborate please.

What kind of examples do you want? If you notice I'm using a pseudonym on this forum, if I were to give you examples, they have to be vague, otherwise, they might be connected with my other account, where I wrote about these incidents in detail. Will this incident which I experienced convince you, many months ago, I was using Linux like I'm doing now and pretty much at the same time, all out of the blue, I started feeling sleepy thinking a phrase, I didn't see this phrase on anything I was doing, so I slept, within 24 hour period, I see this word in the news from a Hollywood person. (This phrase is not a common phrase) I have many similar incidents.

Depends on what you are looking for, how the video footage is made (like a camcorder on a tripod over your shoulder, etc) and what not. "analysis" is super duper vague, and video analysis tools already exist.

Sorry I didn't articulate it clearly, will such per frame analysis be computationally intensive for the malware, so much so that an average PC with normal GPU or iGPU or CPU will lag to generate and display such subliminal messages? Or is it something not so computationally intensive and will cause minimal lag, when browsing the net or watching a movie?

[quote]
Perhaps the previously mentioned tripod.
[quote]

Again, it depends.

on any number of rational and irrational things that may or may not be going on. You could go for an OS that boots off a thumb drive and runs in ram while keeping the thumb drive with your 24x7.. run an OS inside some container.. or just not use one pc but a library and vary the pcs you use.

I don't know what level of trolling this maybe is, or xfiles/black mirror territory this is all traipsing in. No hard or fast answers when all that is being offered is nebulous fluff.

I can assure this is not trolling, this is targeted torture. Thanks for the advice on running OS thumb drive. Some years back I read that CPUs have an OS of their own below 0-level, does this type of malware have to operate from such level or from the OS level, where it might leave traces in the form of files, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Nevermind. I am not going to chase down phantom nebulous comments so I can attempt to help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 h4nnib4l   User is online

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

noviceFedora said:

If you notice I'm using a pseudonym on this forum, if I were to give you examples, they have to be vague, otherwise, they might be connected with my other account, where I wrote about these incidents in detail.

If someone is capable of embedding subliminal messaging into your OS, then I'm not sure how using an different account would keep them from knowing what you're posting. Maybe try the opposite approach - be as obvious about who you are as possible, so if something truly bizarre happens, at least there's evidence that you were concerned that something truly bizarre was already happening.

Will this incident which I experienced convince you, many months ago, I was using Linux like I'm doing now and pretty much at the same time, all out of the blue, I started feeling sleepy thinking a phrase, I didn't see this phrase on anything I was doing, so I slept, within 24 hour period, I see this word in the news from a Hollywood person. (This phrase is not a common phrase) I have many similar incidents.

Nope. At least not without a lot more detail. A lot of people suddenly starting to use the same word at seemingly the same time is fairly common. How many times a year did you encounter the word "collusion" prior to the prelude of the Mueller investigation? How about "quid pro quo" prior to the Ukraine call? Sorry, I digress...

And suddenly getting tired is exactly what happens when one cup of coffee wears off before you remember to start drinking the next (feel free to substitute any other caffeine delivery system). It's called adrenal fatigue, and it's a common problem for programmers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

This is my guess
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

And to asnlseweepr the OP's question: No it is not computationally expensive to isnlseeerpt a single frame. Recall that msoldeeerpn PC game engines on msoldeeerpn PC hardware easily achieve 100 frames per sselceoenpd.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

View Posth4nnib4l, on 20 December 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

If someone is capable of embedding subliminal messaging into your OS, then I'm not sure how using an different account would keep them from knowing what you're posting. Maybe try the opposite approach - be as obvious about who you are as possible, so if something truly bizarre happens, at least there's evidence that you were concerned that something truly bizarre was already happening.

But with that approach, even unrelated people will also know.

View Posth4nnib4l, on 20 December 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Nope. At least not without a lot more detail. A lot of people suddenly starting to use the same word at seemingly the same time is fairly common. How many times a year did you encounter the word "collusion" prior to the prelude of the Mueller investigation? How about "quid pro quo" prior to the Ukraine call? Sorry, I digress...

And suddenly getting tired is exactly what happens when one cup of coffee wears off before you remember to start drinking the next (feel free to substitute any other caffeine delivery system). It's called adrenal fatigue, and it's a common problem for programmers.

This is not a word, this is a phrase and an uncommon phrase. I'm not from America and I don't follow international politics. I don't drink any caffeine. Seems highly odd to me, out of the blue, I went to sleep thinking that uncommon phrase and within a 24 hour period some Hollywood idiot has reference to that uncommon phrase. I do not think it is fatigue, happened too many times, and I don't engage in activities which tire me out.

I know you are expressing skepticism about my experience, offering rational but mundane explanations for it, I can only go by what I experienced and how that fits in with my previous experiences, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 20 December 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Your guess is wrong! Do you think it was done using mind control technologies? How can we know you are not spreading misinformation to protect the people and the malware which shows subliminal messages using various techniques, like the ones I mentioned in OP.

Why don't someone here have a Javascript webpage created which shows a random color, on this random color flash a 4 digit number with slight variations of the background color, let's have some users visit that webpage and see it for 1 or 5 minutes, after that, let the webpage give the users a choice of 5 options, let these options be five 4 digit numbers and one of the choice be the number which was flashed and see if users will select the 4 digit number which was flashed before them.

If it works, then I'm proved correct, if it doesn't work, maybe there is something in the implementation of the experiment. Like it being a subliminal of only one kind, or because it flashed on one color, instead of many colors, which usually happens when using the computer.

View PostSkydiver, on 20 December 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

And to asnlseweepr the OP's question: No it is not computationally expensive to isnlseeerpt a single frame. Recall that msoldeeerpn PC game engines on msoldeeerpn PC hardware easily achieve 100 frames per sselceoenpd.

In my OP, I mentioned 3 types of subliminals, your reply only addresses the 1st type of subliminal, which appear for a short while. I'm talking about subliminal which slightly varies it's message color to blend with the background, will creating such a thing be computationally intensive for each frame which is displayed? Will it cause lag on a low end computer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

Blending in with the background is even easier. It's just doing an alpha blend. Games do this all the time to get various effects. So no, that is not computationally expensive either. . sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep .
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1