1 Replies - 128 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2020 - 10:44 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Basic websocket listener not working

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

Hello

I want to write a piece of code which listens on everything that comes in on a specific port on my localhost, and outputs it.

Code:
            //Init
            Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
            IPEndPoint remoteIP = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("127.0.0.1"), 5050);

//Connect
            socket.Connect(remoteIP);

//Receive
            while (true) {
                byte[] buffer = new byte[1024];
                int rec = socket.Receive(buffer);

Console.WriteLine(buffer);
            }

Error:
Unhandled exception. System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory+ExtendedSocketException (61): Connection refused 127.0.0.1:5050
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
   at HelloWorld.Program.Main(String[] args) in /Users/niel/School/C#_Onderzoekstopic/tests/HelloWorld/Program.cs:line 16

I just want this code to work and output everything I write in the telnet 127.0.0.1 5050 commando.

But, it must be achieved by using raw websockets.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Basic websocket listener not working

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Basic websocket listener not working

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:44 AM

Umm. So far what you have above are just vanilla TCP socket. To construct a web socket you need to use the WebSocket.CreateClientWebSocket().

Anyway, the code you have above is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:5050. If your intent is to listen to that port you need to bind and then listen to that port. See Synchronous Server Socket Example
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1