1 Replies - 457 Views - Last Post: 12 March 2020 - 11:08 AM

#1 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Any recommendations for a mesh network system?

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

It's time for me to replace my piece of crap LinkSys WRT 3200 ACM. The device looked great on paper, but there was much to be desired when actually running it with DDWRT. Even the DDWRT devs gave up on that device because of the flakey hardware. I went back to using the stock image instead of DDWRT and it was slightly more stable -- instead of both 5GHz and 2.4GHz channels randomly dropping, it would only be the 5GHz channel which would drop.

Does anybody recommendations for a mesh network?

I'm sort of tempted to go down the TP-Link Deco route because I've got a couple of those network extenders I've picked up on sale, but the reviews I'm reading are not all the exciting. On the other hand, they don't completely tell people to run away either.

Anyway, the reason why I am looking for a mesh network is that I'm giving up on trying to hand tune and manage my wifi network. Just like I gave up running my own email server, it's not worth my time to do it anymore.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any recommendations for a mesh network system?

• Enterprise Software Architect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any recommendations for a mesh network system?

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:08 AM

I'm running xfinity pods all over my property, especially since my office is also my workshop.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1