4 Replies - 287 Views - Last Post: 20 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

div tags offsetted by few pixel and sticky nav bar wont show results.

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

as it says from above.

https://mysite.coinp...ops.php?store=1

here is an example.

you can see the weed products and its div tags are surrounded by 1px solid borders. you can see its slightly offset. i put the background to black so you can see what i mean.

also whenever you scroll down and the nav bar is sticky whenever i try to enter string in the search field it still dropped the menu but gets cut off when the net container begins.

I cant think of a great way to fix this. a little help in this would be fantastic.

This post has been edited by Bobby_Bubbles: 15 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: div tags offsetted by few pixel and sticky nav bar wont show results.

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: div tags offsetted by few pixel and sticky nav bar wont show results.

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

I would check with what ever grid thing you have setup for your weed items. Think about clearing the styling between items or just F12 and start working up from the image to the larger containers to see what is on vs what is off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:08 PM

yea i did that been inspecting a lot lately with chrome. but whenever i remove the padding or try to see if i didnt close div or soemthing nothing comes up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

It seems your alignment problem mainly boils down to the way you've set up your grid, given that you're using "display: grid" (e.g. text length will affect the width of each cell - which in turn will affect the layout)

You either need to find another approach (without using "display: grid") or rethink your HTML/CSS.

As for the nav issue, I can't get it to stick for me at all - so I can't (/ won't) look into that. I did notice you've got "overflow: auto" set on the sticky-grid class - which is most likely what's causing the problem with the dropdown being cut off.

Edit: RIP 69 posts. :'(

This post has been edited by Ornstein: 16 March 2020 - 10:01 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

I was able to rsolve both issues.

The div was being fixed by moving it outside of the grid into its own container. then i did the sticky attributes and set the overflow to visible. th sticky now works as intendd and the dropdown for search results works great.

its wierd because my css doesnt get loadd i have to constantly clear my cache and someties i forget to do that. i was getting the right way just had to clear cache.

so hres som javascript to run and get th fresh css copy.

javascript:(function(){var h,a,f;a=document.getElementsByTagName('link');for(h=0;h<a.length;h++){f=a[h];if(f.rel.toLowerCase().match(/stylesheet/)&&f.href){var g=f.href.replace(/(&|%5C?)forceReload=\d+/,'');f.href=g+(g.match(/\?/)?'&':'?')+'forceReload='+(new Date().valueOf())}}})()

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1