3 Replies - 531 Views - Last Post: 06 April 2020 - 02:42 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

need an advice on which course to follow

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:17 AM

Hello,

I have followed courses on HTML, C++, OOP, etc, but my question is not related to languages or coding. It is more about - before you start implementing.

How do I approach a problem? for example: I want to develop a simple ticketing system website, very basic/ no complex or advanced feature.

Case study:

Requirement -- e.g simple ticketing system website using the MVC architecture.

Question:

How do I know my starting point? e.g what to create first: controller, views or database ?

How do I break the development into different components/tasks (the different categories) e.g what are the model i have to create, how many viewModel etc

How do I know what task to do next - e.g the order of the task. in what order to develop the app

In other word, I want to create a virtual schema of the whole system before implementing it.

I will be using a metaphor to interpret my thoughts.

Imagine building a house.

- The first different stages in building a house must be known and established

- Then the starting point should be known

- The order in which to carry out the processes

- The stages should be known

- Structure of the house should be known

I completely agree that with experience, a person can build a house(project) quicker with more accuracy but these steps should be known beforehand. Do you know any courses related to development that will fit my request? can you tell me the name of the course that i need to follow in order to satisfy my requirement mentioned above.

Thanking You in advance for your expert's insight.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: need an advice on which course to follow

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: need an advice on which course to follow

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

Extend your metaphor. What do you need before you build a house? Plans. What do plans have? All the requirements for that specific house. What rooms are needed, room functions, entry/exits, plumbing, material, etc.

The same with any project. Before you hands hit the keyboard plan.
Plan all the required user interactions.
Plan what you want it to do at 30k ft, and then drill into it.
Plan on functions you can see yourself needing.
Plan on what data needs to be shuffled around.
Plan on what systems it need to run on, if it needs persistent data, and so on.
Figure out which features are absolutely required for a minimal viable product and which are gold plating. (guess which ones you work on first? ;) )
Plan what your GUI would look like as well.

Through your planning you'll get a handle on your data models, your task list, and milestones.

Given that you can look up 'software design' on amazon and see all the fun of architecting a solution.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

Hi,
You are just afraid a little bit. You need to be more organized. Try to finish one work at a time. Plan things in advance. Read the case study and plan according to it.
Once you become experienced you will not think much about the process. You are just inexperienced, that's it.

Regards,
TechAffinity Consulting
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:42 AM

Hey man, just make more planning before starting to implement. And don't be afraid. Approach your work with the attitude that you are going to fail and this will make you less afraid of actually doing the work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1