3 Replies - 404 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2020 - 09:30 AM

• palpable absurdity
  • member icon

• View blog

cannot remove photoshop

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:00 AM

It is seemingly impossible for me to remove Photoshop from my computer, does anyone have a cure?

Add/Remove (I'm on Windows 8) to uninstall asks me to sign-in to creative cloud. Luckily, I found my id and password. It then insists I update creative cloud, but fails, and offers no other options.

I tried to open creative cloud, as I understand there is an uninstall option from within it. It again insists I update, and fails, and I cannot progress further.

Why insist I sign-in and update when all I want to do is uninstall? Grrr

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: cannot remove photoshop

• palpable absurdity
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: cannot remove photoshop

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:06 AM

Ah well, I managed to rip it out with Revo Uninstaller (recommended). (I still still suspect that artefacts from Adobe are still lurking around.)

Generally, though, isn't it frustrating and annoying when companies make it so difficult to remove apps? MS is particularly 'good' at this kind of thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:20 AM

Always said nothing good would come about Adobe going to the cloud except line their pockets. Ugh.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:30 AM

The testers who need to test install and uninstall get the least amount of love. Furthermore, there is very little incentive for the install/uninstall testers to try testing on the same machine image after they have uninstalled because if they enter a bug, and the developer asks "did you do a clean install?" and they respond with "well... no. I just uninstalled the previous build." then very likely they will get a response like "Well, there ways bug #1234 in that previous build which may interfere with this build. Start with a fresh image."

So now, it's much easier for the install/uninstall tester to simply start with a fresh clean machine image installed straight from the ISO instead of trying to reuse an existing machine image.

(I also suspect this is the reason why most MS developers never get to experience the Windows bit-rot. More often than not, when I was working at the Evil Empire, we'd have to install a new version of Windows almost twice a year if not once a month. So nobody got to experience what it was like to run a particular version of Windows of 5-6 years until they go visit their family for the holidays and they inevitably get the "can you take a look at my computer...")
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1