5 Replies - 657 Views - Last Post: 23 April 2020 - 02:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Content shifts down after 2nd click of submenu

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:44 AM

Hi Guys,

When a submenu is clicked from my website https://shopuverse.c...x.php/products/ say for eg Graphics, the 1st time this menu is positioned correctly from my css, but the 2nd click of this menu or another menu on the same page shifts the next menu below the original (1st) position. This feature has been working for months which I implemented in my css.
Yesterday I wanted to adjust ďOther Service SolutionsĒ in other page Services because there was too much space between this header and submenu (Virtual Private Network Ė vpn) on this page, so I was tweaking the tags on this menu and css, to make vpn submenu work accordingly. I realize that the shift down of content has occurring so I reverted back to css state prior to updating this menu, but I still got the same issue. The code to move anchor down below fixed top header menu is consistent through out these 2 pages (Products and Services).

I donít have this issue in Chrome, but I do have issue in FF, IE and Edge. I have same CSS specific/configured to different browsers because of their different behaviors, which didnít have any issue for months. I didnít have any css for Chrome, because I didnít have any issue with this browser. Consequently, I added an extra break tag in between previous content and next subheadings so that content is not shown from previous subheading when a subheading is clicked. This is a temporary workaround to compensate and make the subheading show at the top of screen below the header, without showing the last part of previous subheading content.

I have searched this forum and debugged the issue and didnít find a solution to this problem. I also tried other css alternative but still got the same results. I even disabled my css code and that didnít remove the issue. Have anyone else experienced this problem and fixed this issue or does anyone here knows a solution on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Content shifts down after 2nd click of submenu

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Content shifts down after 2nd click of submenu

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:01 AM

Is there a way you could screen record this behavior? I don't see it on Edge, Safari or FF.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

Hey Splashsky,

Thanks for your reply. I tried uploading recording from Flashback Express using free version, but I keep getting "Error The server returned an error during upload". Any recommendations of a free recorder I can use to record/show you my issue that can be uploaded here?

Thank You,

begood321
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:54 PM

You can use the OBS recorder and upload the clip to a YouTube account :)

Additionally, I recommend wrapping each section of content on your site in a <section> tag and applying a style rule of height: 100vh;

This post has been edited by Splashsky: 18 April 2020 - 05:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:23 PM

Hey Splashsky

Hope you and family doing fine. I finally uploaded the video to show you issue in motion as per your recommendations on this you tube link. The <section> tags for different sections didn't help when I tried it in my test site.

Let me know if you have any other ideas, I appreciate your help B)/>

Thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Ornstein   User is online

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:35 AM

Surely you get this issue any time you scroll down on a page? The problem seems to be caused by the fact that the white area has a fixed position, but the orange bar at the top does not - so it's leaving a gap whenever you scroll. It happens when you click certain links because they use anchors to jump to certain positions on the page?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1