4 Replies - 240 Views - Last Post: 12 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Html,css,php,script js,FB ?!?

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:12 PM

Basic questions im sure.. But im vauge on exactly where to start.
Php talks to sever, rest api is dedicating firebase storage, script js is application of site/page, css is style of html, and html is skeleton of page.
So my grey area is with html+php to create and store user generated data entrys to firebase storage. Im sure this is wrong?
Also to query firebase storage to display examples of data entrys and search and retrieve and display data entrys would need the use of script. Js?

So where would i start 'commuincations'? Ive added sdk storage to the html, though im unsure how to ping/access it.
Ive just grasped the concept of stylesheet and ref links will import parameters of multiple sheets like "linking rules" but also havent gotten this to work either though my only attempt was 'overflow-y:auto;'

Im sure you can see the swirl of floating knowledge thats fustrating further learning, im at a point of need grounding and i just cant find a pin point.

Im focusing of backend development to get a working product to build onto

What i want to do is have people/users make entrys to database and be able to view entrys, search for keywords to find entrys, in an 'application style' in html, script js ; to solidify a foundation that works and can grow being built onto

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Html,css,php,script js,FB ?!?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Html,css,php,script js,FB ?!?

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

Typically PHP (server side) uses the POST action from the client side (HTML/CSS/JS) to do some action.

ex: https://www.w3school...p/php_forms.asp

Image here:
https://www.oreilly....75086/ch02.html
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:33 PM

Yes, ive found a php index for get, put, post, patch, delete. But im not sure how to code this into an input html where button click with users subbmission with be entered into the database. Or what to look for in order to teach myself e.g of the correct coding language to perform the action in a script? Attached to the button?

Thank you for the web life cycle diagram, that helps food for thought
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

Honestly you need to get a book on the topic and work through it. Structured learning is best learning as they say.

Though that first link to w3schools gives a small taste of it. You need to be familiar with the HTML FORM tags, what actions do, and all that.

The second link shows the general life cycle of a HTML FORM POST call.

The gist is it the HTML FORM action points to your php page. When submit is clicked a POST message is sent to the php page.

The php page does what ever with the parameters passed. This could mean opening up a connection to a database and using a SQL INSERT statement, or a SQL SELECT call.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

Ok, ill give w3school some time. Ive been using m1mo pro which is a good introduction. But yeah, structured learning on the internet is hard..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1