2 Replies - 515 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2020 - 08:32 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Why Try Games Development, How It Is Different, and Why It Would Benef

Posted 19 April 2020 - 05:18 AM

# Why Try Games Development, How It Is Different, and Why It Would Benefit You as a Software Developer

> The point of starting from game development is that it puts you in a high pressure environment that allows for rapid growth, while allowing you to see the fruit of your labours easily so you can build confidence in your growth.

https://medium.com/g...0fa4c757c26ca30

This post has been edited by Shadowys: 19 April 2020 - 05:21 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Why Try Games Development, How It Is Different, and Why It Would Benef

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why Try Games Development, How It Is Different, and Why It Would Benef

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:00 AM

What's your opinion on the article? Pro some points? Negative another? Consider the author a crack pot?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enterprise Software Architect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why Try Games Development, How It Is Different, and Why It Would Benef

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:32 AM

I vote crackpot. By the Author himself,

More importantly however, in the list of 996 companies in China, only 2% on that list are game companies, while the rest are other kinds of software companies. It shows that game development is actually about development efficiency rather than blindly crunching time.

So, the other 98% are software companies and this says what exactly? That game development companies aren't really that big a deal and are, and always have been, over hyped death marches that he is reporting as a skill builder? If I want that, I can join a startup and do the death march with the possibility of being rewarded as the company grows verses being in a game company that has a standard practice of death march fever.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1