9 Replies - 637 Views - Last Post: 03 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

#1 cartel   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 29-April 20

Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

I have zero experience in software development or app development however I think i came up with a unique idea for a health and wellness app. Can someone point me towards some knowledge resources on how its done. I would like to hire an App Developer and UI Developer and learn how to create a roadmap where i can write down my ideas that can translate as a blue print for them to understand my vision.

thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

#2 modi123_1   User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 15806
  • View blog
  • Posts: 63,313
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:51 PM

How what is done? Software development? Mobile app development? Project management?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil   User is offline

  • Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

Reputation: 6878
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,672
  • Joined: 10-May 07

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

Make a developer an offer they can't refuse.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 15806
  • View blog
  • Posts: 63,313
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:08 PM

Three hundred exposure points!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 cartel   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 29-April 20

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:06 PM

Mobile App development. I am just looking for any good resources on how to hire, communicate and manage and app developer from a laymen perceptive

thanks

View Postmodi123_1, on 29 April 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

How what is done? Software development? Mobile app development? Project management?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1   User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 15806
  • View blog
  • Posts: 63,313
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:36 AM

In all truth if you walk into a local dev shop they should handle all of that. They should have business analyst types to take what you want, ask questions that will help their devs, and get it written down for everyone to agree on.

They would be the ones to provide the milestones to ride herd on their developers.

If you are going to assemble your own permanent team - well, that comes down to general 'manager' learning. There's books under "managing developers" on the old amazons about development leads, software project managers, and so on.

Alternatively if you are hiring mercs then, hopefully, they would factor in the design doc as well with the billed time. I know I sure do. As for managing them that should be less of an issue. When I pickup side work it's typically weekly check-ins and milestone emails, but for the most part just chillax until something comes about.

Though if you think you need something ahead of time looking up 'software design document' can help organize things from the start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 cartel   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 29-April 20

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:53 AM

Thanks! Also this is a much smaller scale project. So I am planning on hiring people on contract. I was reading about App Design Consultants. Are they worth it? I Would like someone to hear my ideas, give me a rough ball park of what I should be willing to spend, they types of people I will need to hire and help me hire the right people.

View Postcartel, on 30 April 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Mobile App development. I am just looking for any good resources on how to hire, communicate and manage and app developer from a laymen perceptive

thanks

View Postmodi123_1, on 29 April 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

How what is done? Software development? Mobile app development? Project management?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1   User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 15806
  • View blog
  • Posts: 63,313
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:00 AM

It's worth a shot. You can pay them to mock it up and get the specs down, and if you pivot to take that elsewhere to code then so be it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 cartel   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 29-April 20

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:48 AM

What would you say is the best way to find someone? Its a health wellness app with very light gaming elements.

thanks


View Postcartel, on 01 May 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Thanks! Also this is a much smaller scale project. So I am planning on hiring people on contract. I was reading about App Design Consultants. Are they worth it? I Would like someone to hear my ideas, give me a rough ball park of what I should be willing to spend, they types of people I will need to hire and help me hire the right people.

View Postcartel, on 30 April 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Mobile App development. I am just looking for any good resources on how to hire, communicate and manage and app developer from a laymen perceptive

thanks

View Postmodi123_1, on 29 April 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

How what is done? Software development? Mobile app development? Project management?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 modi123_1   User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 15806
  • View blog
  • Posts: 63,313
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Need Help please... Hiring UI & App Developer and Roadmap

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

It takes the load off of you and shifts it to people with subject matter expertise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1