2 Replies - 1727 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2008 - 07:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to add mini display on the form?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

I have been searching through threads to see if anyone has asked this question before, but I couldn't find any so I just want to ask you guys very simple question, and I'm also new to C# as well so please don't mind my question.

so basically on my form, I have one button called display so whenever the button is pressed I want it to execute a small widow to display information on the form and that information is retrieved from database table in SQL, so if the button is not pressed it should not display anything, so how can I begin doing this?

I found alot of threads about accessing to database which is good because I will have to implement that later.

This post has been edited by skyHigh: 28 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to add mini display on the form?

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to add mini display on the form?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

If this is a Windows Application (Not ASP.Net) then check out the DataGridView Control, then set its Visible property to false when the form loads, then when the button is pressed, fill the DataGridView with your data, then set the Visible property to True so the user can see it.

For more information on interacting with the database, I wrote a beginners tutorial on the SQL Basics in C# that might be some good reading for you.

Once you have taken a crack at this, post the code that is causing the trouble (in code tags please, like so :code: ) and one of us will be more than happy to help :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: how to add mini display on the form?

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 28 Jan, 2008 - 06:49 PM, said:

If this is a Windows Application (Not ASP.Net) then check out the DataGridView Control, then set its Visible property to false when the form loads, then when the button is pressed, fill the DataGridView with your data, then set the Visible property to True so the user can see it.

For more information on interacting with the database, I wrote a beginners tutorial on the SQL Basics in C# that might be some good reading for you.

Once you have taken a crack at this, post the code that is causing the trouble (in code tags please, like so :code: ) and one of us will be more than happy to help :)

Oh wow!! thanks. You are very helpful. I will try to see if I can come with anything.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1