• « First

91 Replies - 2968 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2020 - 08:45 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Java application only playing selected videos in my computer

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:32 AM

View Postg00se, on 09 June 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

OK, you've got two issues here:

a. managing resources. Not sure what's going on with Netbeans but i'm guessing there's not really a problem with including resources in the distribution and memory/heap
b. distributing the app. Yes, this IS tricky, mainly because Java has really slipped in the market and now has fragile support in the desktop environment. I wouldn't have thought it beyond the capability of the Launch4J people to ensure that a 32 bit executable run and do the installation, so make sure it's not your fault. Of course, this, if you'd got the resources thing sorted out, would have been better as a web app. Then you would not have distribution problems. Another thing you should really prevent is locking the app to one particular JRE. You should compile it for a lowish version, say 1.6 to be safe. Then if the user already has a JRE it will use it.

I appreciate you too. I have actually distributed a JAVA app using Launch4j. I am surprised that this is posing an interesting challenge. And I want to know why. The challenge is that it is meant to work offline (100%).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java application only playing selected videos in my computer

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:45 AM

The challenge is that it is meant to work offline (100%).

Ah OK. If you'd like me to take a look, you could maybe post a link to it for "my eyes only"?
I've messaged you about that

This post has been edited by g00se: 11 June 2020 - 08:48 AM
Reason for edit:: typo

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First