2 Replies - 266 Views - Last Post: 09 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Suggestions...

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

So I am working for a company which is fairly new and would like to step up their game and use automation in various stages of their work flow. Primarily they want to be able to integrate CRM components, allow clients to make their own service bookings, auto booking notifications to staff and/or contract personnel, populating the calendar and triggering a virtual meeting tool (say Zoom), integrated invoicing and billing services, etc.
We are now torn between the idea of either using Saas or Paas solutions or building the entire system with developers/coders/etc. Anyone found themselves in a similar situation before? What route did you take? Why?
Can someone point me in the right direction of a platform with easy customization options that can be used by a SME without breaking the bank?
Thank you for your time and valuable input.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Suggestions...

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Suggestions...

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:03 PM

That's a super duper tall order to spec out a do-everything-project.

Do you have specific vendors that are offering to do it all and bill you monthly?

At the 50k foot view, and information, it looks like you would need to create something custom.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Suggestions...

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

Well from my perspective you might be able to find a platform that has a healthy plugin ecosystem/marketplace to add in the additional functionality. You might want to first find a solid CRM platform and then see what their community looks like around it. Evaluate what plugins they have, marketplace and lastly how easy it might be to have your own developers come in and build a plugin for it. That way you can get something well supported, has a lot of already made plugins to save time and then bring in your own developers to fill in the gaps the plugins don't offer.

For instance, you might take a look at something like SugarCRM. Decent size community and then you can check out a marketplace at https://sugarexchang...arcrm.com/apps. Then of course I know they have a bit of a REST API you can build on top of, plus some plugin functionality that may help you build in whatever is lacking. But this is just an example of one such platform. I also know you can get it hosted.

But Modi is right, you probably won't get everything right out of the box and need something a bit customized. The goal would be to get most of it and then fill in the bits with a developer(s).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1