9 Replies - 404 Views - Last Post: 15 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best way to make a licence system to my software

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:50 AM

Hello masters of programming, good night everyone!

I would like to know what are the best ways to create a license system for my software because i will sell to some customers when i finish it, i am a junior programmer but i am not afraid of difficulties so no matter how difficult it is, i will try to do it ..

so please, tell me methods, api's or any form that you more experienced in this field have used for a long time and recommend me to learn.

here is my project github (Portuguese language):
https://github.com/S...dBy-System---C-

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best way to make a licence system to my software

#2 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best way to make a licence system to my software

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:56 AM

I find it ironic that you are breaking someone else's copyright and license (Bunifu) and now you are asking us for help to enforce your copyright and license.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

do they not allow the sale of software? I didn't know about that .. :blink:/>

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 15 June 2020 - 06:23 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed unnecessary quote. No need to quote the post above yours.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

There is no need to quote the post above yours. Just use the big Reply button or the Fast Reply area.

Yes, they allow it:

6. Royalties and distribution
You will not pay any royalties for applications you make and deploy using our framework
You may distribute applications you make using our framework royalty free

but that presumes that you you paid their license fee:

1. License Type
License is per developer meaning each developer should have a unique license key. Each key allows up to two activations (two machines). This means if you are collaborating you can have two devices activated using same key.
:
7. Resetting and transfers
If you bought a new PC or need to transfer your license to another machine, write to [email protected] . The key being transferred should be active at a time
If you bought a license and it’s not working, please write to [email protected], we will track your details and reset for you
:
11. Activation process
All activations are online. Meaning you will need internet to activate. There are no offline activations
During activation process we will collect personal info such as email so we can send you the activation details. Please see our privacy policy

See Bunifu licensing.

The fact that you are using the "cracked" version of their framework highly suggests that you didn't pay for their license, or that you are going against their licence agreement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:08 AM

What a scare you gave me, for a moment i thought i had wasted all the hours spent on it haha, so everything is fine.

but back to the topic, do you have any tips for me to start researching on?

I understand, no problem.

deleting the project resolves, I got it wrong, thanks for your time!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

How could it possibly be all fine if you've been disrespecting someone else's copyright and now you want to enforce your copyright. Is not what is good for the goose is also good for the gander? Or are saying that you can steal their work because they are a big organization, but you as a poor student need the money and can't afford for your work to be stolen?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#7 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:57 AM

Anyway, if you have no issues regarding the double standard that you are applying, we had a good discussion in an old thread about implementation approaches:
How To Make A Key For Program Selling?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

View PostSkydiver, on 15 June 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

How could it possibly be all fine if you've been disrespecting someone else's copyright and now you want to enforce your copyright. Is not what is good for the goose is also good for the gander? Or are saying that you can steal their work because they are a big organization, but you as a poor student need the money and can't afford for your work to be stolen?

I never said that. i just got it wrong and fixed it then, i tried to edit the post but your forum does not allow it.

View PostSkydiver, on 15 June 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

Anyway, if you have no issues regarding the double standard that you are applying, we had a good discussion in an old thread about implementation approaches:
How To Make A Key For Program Selling?

Thank you, i will read.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:04 AM

Moving to Software Development since there is nothing here that is C# specific.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#10 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

View PostdevAnd, on 15 June 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

I never said that. i just got it wrong and fixed it then, i tried to edit the post but your forum does not allow it.

This forum is not like StackOverflow where you are encouraged to go back and keep massaging the original question. This is a more traditional style forum where messages come along sequentially and the understanding evolves as the thread progresses.

If you stick with this forum long enough, you'll get edit rights, but it's usually assumed that by the time you get such edit rights your know the customs and practices within the forum. It is also to discourage the drive-by questions by students who'll ask an assignment or homework question, get some help, and then they'll go back and delete their original question so that their teachers and/or classmates don't discover that they asked for help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1