0 Replies - 477 Views - Last Post: 26 April 2021 - 02:38 PM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

WYSIWYG Editor

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:38 PM

I'm aware there are an abundance of WYSIWYG editors out there, but I'm more just asking around for opinon here to see if there are any especially good ones that people already recommend.

I was using TinyMCE 4 through their CDN, but they've shut off access to version 4 now and want everyone to pay for version 5. So I don't reasonably see migrating to version 5 as a viable option even if I was to pay or get it for free, because.. what's not to say they'd end up doing the same thing to TinyMCE 5 in 2 or 3 years? I want to get my site into a usable state where I don't need to keep touching the UI all the time which really is just time consuming and completely unnecessary.

What I really need is an editor that is stable, reliable, and is not likely to just get shut off making you upgrade every 5 minutes. Preferably, I'd like to be able to customise the HTML that gets added to the editor for e.g. tables, with different table styles (for instance, I have a downloads theme and a articles theme for tables).

I'd also need something where I can copy/paste images from word and they would be uploaded. Unfortunately this is again where TinyMCE 4 was perfect for me.

I'm aware this sounds like a "please do stuff for me topic" but it genuinely isn't, I'm just interested in seeing what you guys recommend on this and what your opinions are. To prove it's not like this, this is basically the current setup I have for TinyMCE 4:

tinymce.init({
		selector: 'textarea',
		browser_spellcheck: true,
		plugins: "image imagetools advlist autosave save preview table code media wordcount autoresize link anchor charmap print searchreplace",
		images_upload_url: 'ajax.php?app=admincp&act=tinymceUpload&csrfKey='+($("#csrfKey").val()),
		file_picker_types: 'image',
		autosave_restore_when_empty: true,
		images_upload_base_path: '',
		images_upload_credentials: true,
		relative_urls : false,
        remove_script_host : false,
        convert_urls : false,
	});

EDIT: I'm also just aware I posted this in the HTML & CSS forum rather than the Javascript one. Sorry for that I wasn't thinking.

This post has been edited by chris98: 26 April 2021 - 02:40 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1