• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

70 Replies - 1895 Views - Last Post: 05 May 2021 - 07:18 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

best site / resource for listing of language resources

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:48 AM

I am putting together a resource in excel that gives me all of the following for quick access regarding any language:

=> statements
=> variable types
=> functions
=> object types
=> properties
=> methods

my question is...does the internet have any resource like this in the form of patternized data? specifically in the form of database records I would assume. that would be the easiest to keep track of. I have never found any. but rather, I have only found interfaces on webpages that give examples of such things when you click on them. that makes perfect sense obviously, as they are trying to make money and not give data away.

furthermore, can someone point me to the best resource on the internet in order to learn OOP, as it was architected by microsoft? thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: best site / resource for listing of language resources

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: best site / resource for listing of language resources

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:22 AM

OOP was not architected by Microsoft. What gave you that impression?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:23 AM

that was a statement that was supposed to mean: ".NET object oriented programming". maybe I should have been clear. sry

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 30 April 2021 - 05:57 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed unnecessary quote. No need to quote the post above yours.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

Like with most programming concepts, it's usually best to just learn the actual theory first, and then seeing how one particular language does it will make a lot more sense. Most of the concepts are the same from language to language, just the syntax is different. Syntax isn't something you need to study, you can look it up in the documentation when you need to use it until you memorize it.

And, like with most things, there are various opinions about what the best resources are.

https://javarevisite...l#axzz6tSRXc8Lk
https://www.hellocod...ed-programming/
http://www.corejavag.../best-oop-books
https://bookauthorit...velopment-books

You can see that a lot of lists have a few books in common.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 02:14 PM

What is the use case for this? I'm having trouble understanding exactly what questions I would be able to answer with your "resource".

I'm not trying to be snarky, I honestly don't know what this means:

I am putting together a resource in excel that gives me all of the following for quick access regarding any language:

=> statements
=> variable types
=> functions
=> object types
=> properties
=> methods

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:32 PM

It feels like our OP is putting together a phone interview cheat sheet so that an interviewee can claim knowledge about a particular language, and just switch over to that column or tab in Excel to look and sound competent during the interview.

If our OP was working on a translator to convert a program written in one language to another language, he wouldn't need things in an Excel format. It would be something encoded into in parser and code generator.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 29 April 2021 - 04:32 PM, said:

It feels like our OP is putting together a phone interview cheat sheet so that an interviewee can claim knowledge about a particular language, and just switch over to that column or tab in Excel to look and sound competent during the interview.

I don't think so. and speaking of snarky, it sounds like you might be good at it? yes, it's true that I'm almost on my way out of this industry after being in it for 12 years because literally nothing new has happened that's worth anything since Jobs did in 2013 or whatever year that was. the excel format is simply to get data in a format that is easily accessible. I can't believe you guys don't understand what I'm doing. EVERYTHING is a pattern. I'm sure you realize that? that's why GPT-3 understands 1,000 years of ignorant sentences spoken by ignorant humans on Earth.

and to answer the other questions....YES, I do interviews all the time. but, I do not have documentation in the form that I want it. and that form is: very very easily patternized data so I can refer to it at lightning speed. I don't do task-based work and I have quite an expansive brain, so I don't let corporations or any employer shove me into positions where I just do what I'm told or have to memorize code to just write in a program like notepad. I write many languages and have for a long time, and there's no possible way I can remember all of it. that's what documentation is for. I also work from a very small dark room to prevent myself from going mentally insane due to the world the corps have set up because the ignorant masses let it happen to them and pulled me into the process.

I hope everyone reading this can follow that. now you have your explanation. (makes me wonder what modi, the mod here, thinks of this thread at this point.) :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:58 PM

I don't do task-based work

I bet that goes over well in interviews.

now you have your explanation

Actually, I don't, but it's not that important.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:03 PM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 29 April 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

I don't do task-based work

I bet that goes over well in interviews.

did you actually BELIEVE I say that when talking to the next employer!? hmmmmmmm.....actually I happen to be a white american but that has nothing to do with it. the fact is that many people who code for american firms are from foreign countries. and I know exactly why that is. it's pretty freaking boring. do you think the white man wants to do it with the superiority complex he has? yeah, exactly. NO WAY. he's more entitled than that. :rolleyes: furthermore, he doesn't even understand what he created and doesn't want to deal with it! that's why i don't work for less than 100 grand. I assume the experts around here are the same way? I would sure hope so!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:27 PM

I'm not sure I'm following any of that, and less sure that I want to. I am curious, though. After twelve years in the industry, you need someone to explain OOP to you? How does that work exactly?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

whops! maybe I should not have said this:

best resource on the internet in order to learn OOP

but rather, should have said this:

best resource on the internet in order to learn how to patternize the he$$ out of OOP

forgive my mistake. it isn't that tough anyway. essentially what I'm doing is putting together a resource in excel for every language that's popular, that's out there, that is similar to what this does for ignorant human talk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPT-3

follow me now? code can be written by machines at this point. you know that, right? intelligent humans are creating new models everyday, yes, but the majority of people are not that intelligent. thus, they need tons of help.

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 30 April 2021 - 05:58 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed unnecessary quote. No need to quote the post above yours.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:41 PM

follow me now?

No, not a bit of it. You want something that will generate code without understanding it? Why go to all that trouble? I could hire a dozen of them tomorrow, except I don't have any use for them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:45 PM

you missed the point entirely. i do understand it. but like I said, I keep myself from going mentally insane by doing this. I'm not willing to get to a point where every one on earth thinks I have an agenda because they have become so smart that they're literally stupid. that's exactly what has happened to the human race at this point and I find it very sad. that's why I stay out of it. I also said that OOP is not tough. it isn't. it never has been. what IS tough is dealing with people who are so smart they literally have lost their ability to talk like humans. and that is something I don't deal with. also, I deal a lot with people who need help adopting to the nightmare they put themselves in. I'm just someone who sits back and watches humans get manipulated by corporations. I make quite a bit of money off of teaching people who they have done to themselves and how to prevent letting it happen to them again. NOW do you follow? =)

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 30 April 2021 - 05:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:08 PM

NOW do you follow?

Nope, but congratulations on passing the reverse turing test - that last post was so incoherent I honestly can't tell whether it was produced by a human being in a truly heroic state of inebriation or with a machine running the worst language prediction model ever devised.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:13 PM

thanks for your time jon. the conversation is obviously over. your response is exactly why I'm on my out of the industry. it's got no heart left because humans are task-based robots now that obviously don't understand much about common sense anymore. =( again, I find it sad. and no, I'm not saying you're unintelligent. I'm saying that eventually the next round of innovation will get to humans, but probably not until 20 or more years pass. I think pretty much we can thank the soul-less, unintelligent nature of computer "professionals" on the movement that Steve Jobs started back in 2007 with the iPhone. but that behavior has been going on for 100+ years. never forget the rule of humans in the USA:

"wherever gold is found, there they will flock". no? no need to respond, as we're obviously on different pages. it was a pleasure.

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 30 April 2021 - 05:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »