1 Replies - 505 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2022 - 01:09 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

If I don't have a portfolio, how can I get new clients?

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

Hello,

I'm interested in establishing my web design business. I don't have a portfolio, as you know. Getting customers is difficult without a portfolio. I am aware that there is a method to create a website for free. But I'm not sure where I can get these clients. I don't have a website yet. It makes no sense to build one without a portfolio.

I'm wondering if you have any ideas on the matter.

Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: If I don't have a portfolio, how can I get new clients?

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: If I don't have a portfolio, how can I get new clients?

Posted 13 May 2022 - 01:09 AM

I was in the same position as you five years ago. This is what I did: I printed out a few advertisement folders went on my bike and putted it in the mail boxes of local businesses in my neighborhood. I think I distributed like twenty flyers and got one call back a week later.

So, just start by cold-calling, mailing, and advertising your new business. Keep it cheap.

The second thing you need to understand is that no one trusts your skills at this moment, because you don't have a portfolio. If you have some work experience in a IT-company you can compensate a bit.
So it doesn't matter if you are the best programmer ever capable of writing the best and most advanced websites ever... No one is going to give you a 10.000 EUR project. So start with small projects and keep your price cheap. I made my first website for 275 EUR.

Start from there, and start looking for more and more advanced projects with a higher price tag.

Five years ago I made my first website for 275 EUR. Today advanced web projects with a price tag of 10.000 EUR are no exception anymore.

This post has been edited by O'Niel: 13 May 2022 - 01:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1