1 Replies - 224 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2022 - 01:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

New features in WP5.9 ; what happens if one sticks to a old Theme?

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:04 AM

dear community,
dear Artifical Soldier, dear Modi_123 dear friends,

i am a bit unsecure if i got all the new things rigth!?
So below some assumptions - please set me straigth if i am wrong here:

with the landing of WP 5.9 many things will dramatically change: Especially when it comes to theming.Now we have Full-Site-Editing and Block-Theming, Block- Pattern Navigator and Navigation-MenuWe have query loop and
the full editing-tings will belong to the core - and the classic-editor - it has vanished.
Question: what if one runs the theme twenty-twenty - does he loose all the theme-things - !`? 'will he dont be able to run his setup - (and Twenty-twenty-Theme) in the Version 5.9 any more!?

or is it like so: the new features (Block_Theming , Full Site Editing will only "go live " and get in effect if i install and run a Block-Based theme!?Only if this is the case - the "block-editor" will go active
If i do not install a block based theme - and if i do not activate it - then i can stick to the old Theme Twenty-Twenty!?

Is this correct!? Please set me straight - and give some hints - so that i know if my above mentioned assumptions are correct or not!`?

Love to hear from you
regards

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New features in WP5.9 ; what happens if one sticks to a old Theme?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New features in WP5.9 ; what happens if one sticks to a old Theme?

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:26 PM

This probably isn't the best place to ask specific questions about Wordpress version changes.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1