CHMOD on a windows server?

How can I set the file permissions on a Windows server??

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 13196 Views - Last Post: 03 March 2008 - 05:38 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

CHMOD on a windows server?

Post icon  Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi all!

I need to set file permissions on my server to CHMOD 444, but when I send the request to the server it returns 504 Command not implemented for that parameter I have read that this is because Windows does not support CHMOD, but I need to set the file permissions, how can I do this on a Windows server?

Thank you!
-AJ32
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CHMOD on a windows server?

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: CHMOD on a windows server?

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

View Postaj32, on 1 Mar, 2008 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hi all!

I need to set file permissions on my server to CHMOD 444, but when I send the request to the server it returns 504 Command not implemented for that parameter I have read that this is because Windows does not support CHMOD, but I need to set the file permissions, how can I do this on a Windows server?

Thank you!
-AJ32

Since you are getting a 504 error... I'm guessing that you are trying to do this via php code? Can you just verify that you can read the file?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 3 Mar, 2008 - 12:24 AM, said:

Since you are getting a 504 error... I'm guessing that you are trying to do this via php code? Can you just verify that you can read the file?

I need to set the permissions of a file via FTP client, and I can read all the files, they are all set to 777, which is what I need to change.

Thank you!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:38 AM

View Postaj32, on 3 Mar, 2008 - 07:26 AM, said:

I need to set the permissions of a file via FTP client, and I can read all the files, they are all set to 777, which is what I need to change.

If windows is your ftp server, then this probably isn't possible. Windows permissions are drastically different than basic unix style. If you do need to change permissions, change how the windows user can see the files on that server. If it's anonymous, check to see what pemissions the anonymous proxy user has.

If you're comfortable with the command line, there's a windows server command called "cacls" that you may find useful.

Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1