4 Replies - 8567 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2008 - 03:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

iostream.cpp and stdio.cpp source code

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hi guys! Does anyone know where may I find the source files of stdio.cpp and iostream.cpp, because I really want to see how input functions are implemented!
tahnks in advance
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: iostream.cpp and stdio.cpp source code

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: iostream.cpp and stdio.cpp source code

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

On some compilers you can access the file directly by double clicking on the error dialog in the bottom of the box. If that doesn't work for you try the bin/library folders of your compiler's directory.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

I checked my compiler (Dev-cpp) and it showed me only iostream.h, not stdio.h or stdio.cpp or iostream.cpp.
Does anyone know where may I download those files?
Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

you can find the code for the some STL and the standard C libraries implementations on Koders.com. Note that these really are not implemented in a single iostream.cpp, rather broken up into lots of smaller files declaring and implementing classes and functions that are used within the code.

Some compilers actually come with the code and you may find them in a "src" directory under the compilers directory.

I really don't think you will get too much out of reading over the files right off the bat. They are actually pretty darn complicated because they are so general and platform independent. YOu can however find great tutorials on extending the iostreams which is a great place to start learning about how they work.

note that Koders.com and google code search is a fantastic resource. These search open source repositories. The problem can be actually FINDING anything useful. Since the code searches don't know anything about the code they point to. It is kind of an art to search for code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

As far as I searched, I didn't find it. Is there any chance someone who has it can send it to me/give me a direct link.
P.S.
I only reallly need the syntax for istream class and scanf function.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1