4 Replies - 1156 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2008 - 04:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help me with 2D game

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

I need help making a 2d game, WITH EVERY PART OF IT! Im new to C++ express and i dont wana buy it, But i wish to make a 2D shooting game like touhou (japanese and you need to pay for it) I can get all the artwork done in mere days but the coding i need tutorials for. A tutor if you will. If you can help me i would be most greatful.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help me with 2D game

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help me with 2D game

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

You could try taking a look at the tutorials provided to you by Dream.In.Code, and if you cannot find what you are looking for there, there are plenty of tutorials out there regarding the coding of 2D games. Try a search engine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

Do you have any programming experience? If you don't you might want to start with some of the basics in console apps before moving on to graphics
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Skater, thanks for the reply but where do i find them? im sorta really, really new

gabehabe What do you mean? i've had some within html, php, VB Express, C# Express, and flash so i dont know if any of it is like that or will help me. but i really neww help.

This post has been edited by lilhitler: 11 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

OK, if you have some experience, it'll probably be easier to pick it up, the main part if programming fundamentals and theory :)

The only thing I would say is that you have experience in mostly software languages (VB and C#), so you might want to consider spending a few days learning the basics of C++ program structure, then try and build a couple of text based games. There's more to creating a game that just C++ too - you would need (and this is massively important) to look into some different graphics libraries and decide which is best for you. The two main industry-standard graphics libraries are:
DirectX
OpenGL

Personally, I'd recommend OpenGL, it's just a lot easier.

I hope this answers your question :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1