1 Replies - 840 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Differences in coding

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

Hi all ,

im kinda new to flash CS3 and i wanted to know is there any difference between coding my actionscript in the frame and using the imported images from photoshop and coding it in another separate actionscript file and associate the base class and document of the image to the actionscript ?
(External Actionscript File)

This post has been edited by IceX: 19 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Differences in coding

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Differences in coding

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

If you are simply coding actionscript in a frame it will be nice and work in that frame, any variables will be passed between frames, and functions will be lost when the frames change (as far as I can tell). If you import the actionscript file instead of embeding it the only difference is that the file size is smaller.

When actionscript matters on placement is when it is being placed inside movieclips. As the movieclip is effectively on a different layer than they rest of your actionscript is you will have to remember to use the proper object pointers such as _root, _parent, etc.

Sadly, this may not be the best working advice as I am stuck (at elast for a bit longer) with Flash 8 and AS2 and haven't used AS3 yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1