admin panel for an existing site

Do any one have a better admin panel for uploading content to mysql

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 2953 Views - Last Post: 28 May 2008 - 05:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

admin panel for an existing site

Post icon  Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

I have a static site. I want to upload content to the pages through an admin panel. do any one have a feature rich admin panel which uses mysql to store the content.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: admin panel for an existing site

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: admin panel for an existing site

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

I would recmmend cpanel
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Are you looking for a server admin panel or a CMS? If you want a CMS look into Joomla. If you're looking for a server panel, like ultimatenet said, look into cPanel. Joomla is for creating/maintaining content, cPanel is for MySQL and file management.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

cPanel requires a license you'll have to fork some money over for. It is a very extensive tool though for managing your server. If you just want to manage mySQL, get phpMyAdmin, which is free.

It sounds like you are referring to a CMS for a specific site though, not managing a server. In that case Joomla or Mambo are good choices.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

View Postmocker, on 28 May, 2008 - 09:04 AM, said:

cPanel requires a license you'll have to fork some money over for. It is a very extensive tool though for managing your server. If you just want to manage mySQL, get phpMyAdmin, which is free.

It sounds like you are referring to a CMS for a specific site though, not managing a server. In that case Joomla or Mambo are good choices.

If you're looking to do some heavy customization I would stay away from Joomla and go with Mambo. It's a pain in the ass to push Joomla farther than it was meant to be.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

View Postakozlik, on 28 May, 2008 - 09:38 AM, said:

If you're looking to do some heavy customization I would stay away from Joomla and go with Mambo. It's a pain in the ass to push Joomla farther than it was meant to be.

Isn't that kind of like saying stay away from Ubuntu but get Debian? One's based off the other. Granted I've only used Joomla, but the features/abilities are pretty much the same if I read their descriptions correctly.

There are a ton of CMS's you could look into though. Joomla, Mambo, Drupal, PHP-Nuke... the list goes on. Google 'open source cms' and you'll be set.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Isn't that kind of like saying stay away from Ubuntu but get Debian?

That's not what I'm trying to say at all. Just from my experiences with what we've been doing at work, I've had to write a lot of work arounds to integrate some of our applications with Joomla. It's nothing against Joomla itself. From what it sounds like, Joomla would probably work fine for his needs. I haven't developed anything crazy with any of the other CMSs so I'm not sure what they would be liek comparatively speaking. Have you had any problems integrating existing applications with Joomla?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1