3 Replies - 1350 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please review CSSconcept

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hello there,
I am the admin of http://cssconcept.com/
Please review my website, based on CSS tutorials, Resources and CSS techniques.
Regards.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please review CSSconcept

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Please review CSSconcept

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

It is a pretty good site and very clean looking. The only real thing I can say negative about it is that the menu is on the right next to the ads instead of being to the left. Studies have shown that a person visiting a page always looks for navigation in one of two places first, to the left and across the top. Breaking from this standard can cause user confusion and may cause visitors to become uninterested in the page. Plus the way you have it placed together, it looks lopsided and cluttered on the right part of the pages.

But the overall color scheme, lines, use of whitespace are all good. The only problem I can see right off the bat is the menu placement.

Good luck with the site. :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

After a quick look I would agree that the navigation should probably be on the left, so people don't accidentally click on the ads thinking they are clicking on a link (will cause less frustration) and also the RSS link seems to be a bit off of where it is supposed to be (it is kinda floating between the top banner and page content), I am viewing the site in IE6.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, the way the menu is, it makes it look like its a text ad rather than a menu at first site. In my opinion, it needs to be on the left if there's ads on the right. But it's up to you i suppose.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1