Sql Server 2005

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1074 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2008 - 12:07 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

WMI

Post icon  Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

OK, so i have an interesting delema. I have 2 development servers, one for IIS and one from SQL Server 2005. Originally IIS and SQL Server were installed on the same development machine, but do to needing to test connection through firewall issues i had to separate the two. Now on to the problem.

On my SQL Server box I have Management studio to work inside the database. It used to come up with no problems, until i uninstalled IIS. Now it wont open do to WMI. Is there a way i can get around this with out reinstalling WMI? I have Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter edition on the SQL Server box. Also, if i do need IIS installed is there a way i can manually install it, since i have no access to Datacenter CD's, and am unable to download and unpack SP1 or SP2 onto this server.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WMI

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WMI

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

This has nothing to do with databases, more likely either your firewall or installation of software on the unwilling machine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

View PostTrogdor, on 1 Jul, 2008 - 04:51 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with databases, more likely either your firewall or installation of software on the unwilling machine.

hrm odd, It kept spitting that error and said that if i wanted to do anything in the database i had to use SQL Server Management Studio(which is what i was trying to open.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Reconsidering, i think i was wrong in my first reaction.
Not sure if it helps, but you could consider uploading disc-images to the server and mounting them with a tool like discjuggler.
Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

what i had to end up doing was spending 5 hours Reinstalling Windows Server 2003, and the needed software, recovering the database files and Visual Source Safe files. For some reason when IIS was uninstalled (got rid of local host) SQL Server and Visual Source Safe both decided that with out Local Host it was going to throw WMI errors(not sure these were even related to the actual problem.) Live and learn i guess, its the way of the business :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1