need help with making a login thingy

i need help creating a login thing

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

15 Replies - 1880 Views - Last Post: 10 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

#1 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

i need to know some javascript that can create a login thing so that create a account. i need something like a myspace thingy. can you also tell me the parts to the code so that i can learn how that code works so i could make future code.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: need help with making a login thingy

#2 lordms12   User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 30
  • View blog
  • Posts: 339
  • Joined: 16-February 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

Someone move it to javascript.

thnx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 11:20 AM, said:

Someone move it to javascript.

thnx

but it is in the javascript help section?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 jjsaw5   User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 92
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,063
  • Joined: 04-January 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

View Postseandude, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 02:23 PM, said:

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 11:20 AM, said:

Someone move it to javascript.

thnx

but it is in the javascript help section?



No it is in the JAVA section, not javascript.


They are two totally different things.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 skyhawk133   User is offline

  • Head DIC Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1960
  • View blog
  • Posts: 20,411
  • Joined: 17-March 01

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Moved.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

View Postjjsaw5, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Postseandude, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 02:23 PM, said:

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 11:20 AM, said:

Someone move it to javascript.

thnx

but it is in the javascript help section?



No it is in the JAVA section, not javascript.


They are two totally different things.

ooohhhhh......... sorry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 jjsaw5   User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 92
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,063
  • Joined: 04-January 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

View Postseandude, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 04:23 PM, said:

View Postjjsaw5, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Postseandude, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 02:23 PM, said:

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 11:20 AM, said:

Someone move it to javascript.

thnx

but it is in the javascript help section?



No it is in the JAVA section, not javascript.


They are two totally different things.

ooohhhhh......... sorry.



No Problem its a common mistake.
Next time we'll just have to break a finger :)

This post has been edited by jjsaw5: 08 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 mocker   User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 14-October 07

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

To answer your very vague question 'thingy' :

Javascript runs in your browser. The software that runs on the server that actually checks the username/password and verifies it is written in something else. If you are not aware of this and want to program a login 'thingy', then go find a good tutorial or book on web or cgi programmings and read it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

View Postmocker, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 02:00 PM, said:

To answer your very vague question 'thingy' :

Javascript runs in your browser. The software that runs on the server that actually checks the username/password and verifies it is written in something else. If you are not aware of this and want to program a login 'thingy', then go find a good tutorial or book on web or cgi programmings and read it.

you said that like you were offended?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 lordms12   User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 30
  • View blog
  • Posts: 339
  • Joined: 16-February 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

I saw myscpace login form, nothing special in it!!

This is a form does not contain any Javascript but I think it is cool, is that what you want.
Not all the code are mine.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
body{
	font-family:"Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; 
	font-size:12px;
}
p, h1, form, button{border:0; margin:0; padding:0;}
.spacer{clear:both; height:1px;}
/* ----------- My Form ----------- */
.myform{
	margin:0 auto;
	width:400px;
	padding:14px;
}
	/* ----------- basic ----------- */
	#basic{
		border:solid 2px #DEDEDE;
	}
	#basic h1 {
		font-size:14px;
		font-weight:bold;
		margin-bottom:8px;
	}
	#basic p{
		font-size:11px;
		color:#666666;
		margin-bottom:20px;
		border-bottom:solid 1px #dedede;
		padding-bottom:10px;
	}
	#basic label{
		display:block;
		font-weight:bold;
		text-align:left;
		width:140px;
		float:left;
	}
	#basic .small{
		color:#666666;
		display:block;
		font-size:11px;
		font-weight:normal;
		text-align:left;
		width:140px;
	}
	#basic input{
		float:left;
		width:200px;
		margin:2px 0 30px 10px;
		padding-left: 14px;
		background-repeat: no-repeat;
    	background-position: 2px center;
		background-image: url(namesid.png);
	}
	#basic button{ 
		clear:both;
		margin-left:150px;
		background:#888888;
		color:#FFFFFF;
		border:solid 1px #666666;
		font-size:11px;
		font-weight:bold;
		padding:4px 6px;
	}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="basic" class="myform">
  <form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
    <h1>Sign-up form</h1>
    <p>This is the basic look of my form without table</p>
    <label>Name
        <span class="small">Add your name</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    
    <label>Email
    <span class="small">Add a valid address</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    
    <label>Password
        <span class="small">Min. size 6 chars</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    <button  type="submit">Sign-up</button>
    <div class="spacer"></div>

  </form>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 04:17 PM, said:

I saw myscpace login form, nothing special in it!!

This is a form does not contain any Javascript but I think it is cool, is that what you want.
Not all the code are mine.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
body{
	font-family:"Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; 
	font-size:12px;
}
p, h1, form, button{border:0; margin:0; padding:0;}
.spacer{clear:both; height:1px;}
/* ----------- My Form ----------- */
.myform{
	margin:0 auto;
	width:400px;
	padding:14px;
}
	/* ----------- basic ----------- */
	#basic{
		border:solid 2px #DEDEDE;
	}
	#basic h1 {
		font-size:14px;
		font-weight:bold;
		margin-bottom:8px;
	}
	#basic p{
		font-size:11px;
		color:#666666;
		margin-bottom:20px;
		border-bottom:solid 1px #dedede;
		padding-bottom:10px;
	}
	#basic label{
		display:block;
		font-weight:bold;
		text-align:left;
		width:140px;
		float:left;
	}
	#basic .small{
		color:#666666;
		display:block;
		font-size:11px;
		font-weight:normal;
		text-align:left;
		width:140px;
	}
	#basic input{
		float:left;
		width:200px;
		margin:2px 0 30px 10px;
		padding-left: 14px;
		background-repeat: no-repeat;
    	background-position: 2px center;
		background-image: url(namesid.png);
	}
	#basic button{ 
		clear:both;
		margin-left:150px;
		background:#888888;
		color:#FFFFFF;
		border:solid 1px #666666;
		font-size:11px;
		font-weight:bold;
		padding:4px 6px;
	}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="basic" class="myform">
  <form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
    <h1>Sign-up form</h1>
    <p>This is the basic look of my form without table</p>
    <label>Name
        <span class="small">Add your name</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    
    <label>Email
    <span class="small">Add a valid address</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    
    <label>Password
        <span class="small">Min. size 6 chars</span>
    </label>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
    <button  type="submit">Sign-up</button>
    <div class="spacer"></div>

  </form>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Attachment attachment

no no no, i need a thing were it knows if the person is real or not so when you sign up you have an account that you could log into and then the thing would redirect you to your profile
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 lordms12   User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 30
  • View blog
  • Posts: 339
  • Joined: 16-February 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:35 PM

Check this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 seandude   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 08-August 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:03 AM

View Postlordms12, on 8 Aug, 2008 - 11:35 PM, said:


this........... is............ AWESOME!!!!!

thanks so much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 skyhawk133   User is offline

  • Head DIC Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1960
  • View blog
  • Posts: 20,411
  • Joined: 17-March 01

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

seandude. It should be noted that the link provided only works if the user as read access to the location of the .mdb file. (i.e. their own computer), I don't believe this will work on a web server.

If you want to allow someone to login to your web site/application, you need to look at server side languages like PHP, Ruby, ASP.NET, etc.

Ideally HTML and Javascript are only used for your front end (what the user sees), the actual interaction with any database, or use of programming logic takes place on the server with a language like PHP and a database like mySQL.

Javascript is very limited in what it can do because it is a client side language. It does have the ability to interact with databases, but only through server-side scripts (i.e. through dynamic XML, etc.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 lordms12   User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 30
  • View blog
  • Posts: 339
  • Joined: 16-February 08

Re: need help with making a login thingy

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

I think it could work on server but it is not a good idea what would be better is using PHP and AJAX or JSON.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2