Where do I go From Here?

I want to connect a C++ desktop APP with WPF or something close

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 809 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2008 - 06:09 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Where do I go From Here?

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Im not putting code here because I am looking for advice on which direction to procede in. I have VS 2008 and other develepor programs . But I have yet to be able to find two platforms to develope my Application on unless I use three languages at the same time ..
If anyone has any suggestions ZI would appreciate any advice as to which direction may be most Efficient . the coding must be in C++ for technical reasons
And I would love to have my UI in something Attractive to the User B) As this will go in thier desktops
Thank you in advance for any guidance. The app is a array of hex Editors with 72 char X 3 levels
Newby_one canuby

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where do I go From Here?

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where do I go From Here?

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

What does this mean:

I have yet to be able to find two platforms to develope my Application on unless I use three languages at the same time

what does this mean:

The app is a array of hex Editors with 72 char X 3 levels

Basically it sounds like you want to make a graphical hex editor (ok), and since you want to use WPS I assume there is something graphically interesting you want to do (layers perhaps?).

However it sounds like you are trying to make this platform independent. In which case WPS is not a good solution.

How far off am I?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

View PostNickDMax, on 24 Aug, 2008 - 04:49 PM, said:

What does this mean:

I have yet to be able to find two platforms to develope my Application on unless I use three languages at the same time

what does this mean:

Basically it sounds like you want to make a graphical hex editor (ok), and since you want to use WPS I assume there is something graphically interesting you want to do (layers perhaps?).

However it sounds like you are trying to make this platform independent. In which case WPS is not a good solution.

How far off am I?

Right on the Money but I am at a loss as to which direction I dhould move .. I want to Incorporatesome Xaml or something as nice looking in it to make it nice ,, I am thinking of writing in either two parts or three using C# as basis or Is it possible to connect Xaml to Excel and Excel to C++? .. Or is that a Problem just as well as the moniker implies I am not an Expert
Newby_one_canuby

View PostNewby_one_Canuby, on 24 Aug, 2008 - 05:04 PM, said:

What does this mean:

what does this mean:

How far off am I?

Right on the Money but I am at a loss as to which direction I dhould move .. I want to Incorporatesome Xaml or something as nice looking in it to make it nice ,, I am thinking of writing in either two parts or three using C# as basis or Is it possible to connect Xaml to Excel and Excel to C++? .. Or is that a Problem just as well as the moniker implies I am not an Expert
Newby_one_canuby

The actual work has to be done in C++ ,,,, Everything else is window Dressing
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

well there is no reason you can't do the whole thing in VC++.Net (VC++\CLI).

I am not a CLI\.Net programmer with C++ (I find the syntax confusing) but there are members of DIC who can help guide you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostNewby_one_Canuby, on 24 Aug, 2008 - 05:09 PM, said:

What does this mean:

what does this mean:

How far off am I?

Newby_one_canuby

View PostNewby_one_Canuby, on 24 Aug, 2008 - 05:04 PM, said:

What does this mean:

what does this mean:

How far off am I?

Newby_one_canuby

The actual work has to be done in C++ ,,,, Everything else is window Dressing

Try agan tommorrow I start at 3AM
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1