2 Replies - 4064 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

New Background / Beginning of Poster

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

I was bored a little bit ago and decided to start two new projects in photoshop. The first one I completed but could probably improve but im happy with for right now; all it is, is a new background picture for my laptop. The second is something that depending on the outcome would be made for a friends restaurant/hookah bar.

first picture (background for laptop)
second picture (poster for restaurant/hookah bar)

^ the things that i need to finish doing for the poster includes: adding the rest of the text, resizing the hookah, do touch ups on text to make easier to read.

if you guys have any feedback i'd be glad to hear it

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Background / Beginning of Poster

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Background / Beginning of Poster

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

A few things..

Image #1. I am nto sure If I like the moon all squiggily and not the rest of the water being distorted. Also there is something to the left of the squiggily moon that looks to be a notched line. I'm not sure what that is reflecting but that straight line is annoying. I'm not sure if you were going for something like this but there amount of clouds in the lake are not a match for the sky.

i like the colors though.

image #2.. the biggest issue (besides all the blank space at the bottom) is the words.. the last line with the hours should start bowing back out towards the hookah.

Also do you really need "address" on there? I think folks might get that's an address. Perhaps a phone number instead/

and the hookah image looks pixilated.. not to mention the base of it needs a green shadow (everything else has one).

good post though - I see where you are going with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Background / Beginning of Poster

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

might want to link to the tutorial :
http://www.psdtop.co...he-magic-night/

the poster needs work.
the green is too light imo for the semi-opaque purple, its hard to read. along with the text, its just too warped up to stand out.

why the dead space? the degradation of the quality of the hookah image doesn't make much sense to me either.

just thoughts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1