Cannot get focus properly in firefox

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 2202 Views - Last Post: 29 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Input filed problem in firefox

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hello,

Anyone got any ideas on this behaviour. I have a form on a page with many floated divs. The problem when hovering over the text input fields in firefox or safari it only gets foicus right at the begginng of the field. The same goes for an image I have as the input button? It works fine in ie?

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="http://portal.axscend.com/login.php" style="padding-top: 15px; float:left; margin-left: -98px; display: block">
			<input name="username" type="text" id="username3"   style="font-family: helvetica; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: black; float:left; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 2px; width: 150px"><br/>
			<input name="password" id="password4" type="password" 
					 style="font-family: helvetica; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: black; float:left; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 2px; width: 150px"><br/>  
			<INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="images/login.gif" ALT="Submit button" style="border:0; float: left; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 5px">
			</form>

page can been seen at http://www.axscend.com/testindex.php

Many thanks
Scott

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Input filed problem in firefox

• Pirate King
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Input filed problem in firefox

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

I'm not sure I understand your problem. However, what I'm seeing in my Opera Browser is that the form fields and the Login button don't look like they're supposed to be where they're currently located. Is that the problem or am I missing something?

This post has been edited by grimpirate: 29 October 2008 - 12:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

View Postgrimpirate, on 29 Oct, 2008 - 12:57 AM, said:

I'm not sure I understand your problem. However, what I'm seeing in my Opera Browser is that the form fields and the Login button don't look like they're supposed to be where they're currently located. Is that the problem or am I missing something?

No the problem is not their position its that you can't click in the filed unless you click right at the beginning of the field - the same goes for the login button
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

View Postagravayne, on 29 Oct, 2008 - 02:42 AM, said:

View Postgrimpirate, on 29 Oct, 2008 - 12:57 AM, said:

No the problem is not their position its that you can't click in the filed unless you click right at the beginning of the field - the same goes for the login button

OK sorted! There was another div overlapping the form and most of the form fields, bit of shifting thie divs around and it now works. Thanks to firebug!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1