5 Replies - 1330 Views - Last Post: 22 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How Do i do tis or get this Effect

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

The Way She Looks like the black on her clothes looks darker..her hair looks glossy and her skin looks bright and nice...DOes having a High quality picture have to do anything with it? or you could do that with a loq quality too?
Can sumone please help me give me some advice or a link to a tutorial?
Posted Image

And Also on Christina Aguilera how do u make her skin look like that and match with the clors in the Picture...its been two years that i tried to figure it out and i cant everyone tells me...to try levels and all that stuff but i could never get it...please give me sum advice or a link thanks.
Posted Image

MOD EDIT:
HTML Tags Removed.
Use BBCode instead. -b2c

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How Do i do tis or get this Effect

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How Do i do tis or get this Effect

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Moved to Graphic Design.

Photoshop is how these types of effects are created. Do a search for Photoshop tutorials, you will find plenty to choose from.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

View PostFlakko, on 14 Nov, 2008 - 11:08 AM, said:

The Way She Looks like the black on her clothes looks darker..her hair looks glossy and her skin looks bright and nice...DOes having a High quality picture have to do anything with it? or you could do that with a loq quality too?
Can sumone please help me give me some advice or a link to a tutorial?
Posted Image

And Also on Christina Aguilera how do u make her skin look like that and match with the clors in the Picture...its been two years that i tried to figure it out and i cant everyone tells me...to try levels and all that stuff but i could never get it...please give me sum advice or a link thanks.
Posted Image

MOD EDIT:
HTML Tags Removed.
Use BBCode instead. -b2c

Good lighting in the original shot can help alot, but without that, photoshop can help. Darker blacks can be achieved by burning. Her hair can be made to look glossy by using a tiny brush and "dodging" it to bring out high lights. It requires a little playing around to get your own feel for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:34 AM

To get those type of effects, those photos were probably shot in a RAW lossless format to start with. If you are starting with a jpeg, this could be a lot of work getting them to look like this. PS alone cannot do much because a jpeg has been very compressed to start with.

If you have PS, get the camera raw plugin. Then open the image in PS camera raw or Bridge Camera raw (ctrl + R in windows). Experiment with the exposure or white balance etc. There are settings for soft skin tones, colors etc. Use the histogram to adjust the blacks to the darkness that you want. C Raw will let you adjust all the main color ranges individually.

To get those skin textures it looks like the photographer used a mid f stop setting and a long shutter speed. (my guess)

If you need help, use the adobe help for camera raw.

With a jpeg, over 80% of the image data is removed which makes it limited as to what you can do. Also a jpeg image can start to deteriorate with a lot of editing. Raw images do not deteriate regardless of how much editing you do.

If you have a DSLR or can get the image in a raw format, then you can do anything you want to it since a RAW image is unprocessed data with no compression added. After you edit the image, you can then open it in PS and then convert it to a viewable/printable format such as jpeg. Camera raw works with jpegs or raw images except it can only work with the data provided in the image.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

All those photo effects... you would think they could have given the poor girl an entire shirt. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 20 Nov, 2008 - 07:24 PM, said:

All those photo effects... you would think they could have given the poor girl an entire shirt. :P

Hmm, that's strange, I was thinking the exact opposite :P

This post has been edited by dophineh: 22 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1