2 Replies - 718 Views - Last Post: 25 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Language and Framework for form Project

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

Hi!

I want to realize a project for a medium-sized company that maintains different industrial constructions. They want me to create a web application that enables them "design" different forms by placing predefined objects like "mail textbox", "phone textbox", "customer drop down", etc below each other.

The test engineer should then be able to fill out that form and finnaly print it. He is connected to that web app using an UMTS connection.

I am now comparing the different possibilities for realizing that. The programming language can be either PHP or Java EE.

The main problem will be the dynamically creating of the form objects and binding them to a data source. That will be easier and much more comfortable in Java, won't it?

Additionally to the language I am also looking for a good framework to use that should bring AJAX functionality as well as many components like editable grids and field validators.

What language / framework combination would you propose me to use?

Thank you in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Language and Framework for form Project

• D.I.C for life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Language and Framework for form Project

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hi!

In my opinion, using Asp.Net and C# or VB is the best soloution for this project..
The .Net framework gives you everything you need. (including AJAX)...
You are thinking about to use JAVA, so using C# should not be the problem ;)

Best Regards

B.Ihde

This post has been edited by b.ihde: 23 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Language and Framework for form Project

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hi,

if you are looking for a JavaEE based framework, you might want to have a look at [fleXive].
The issues you describe should be very easy to implement. You should even be able to create a prototype very fast using the supplied backend application. For validation, etc. you can use scripts that "fire" when a content is saved or created. Should you require a more sophisticated user interface, then you can use the readily available components in a JSF application.
If you need any further information please let me know.

Cheers,
Markus Plesser
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1