2 Replies - 364 Views - Last Post: 23 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introductions

Post icon  Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hello to all!

I am new to the forum, and a newbie to the programming world. I'm currently in my 2nd semester of Java...I like it, I'm not very good at it, but I like the challenge and even when I get frustrated, I can't stop myself from trying to figure out what is wrong with my code!

My educational background is basically...biology and biochemistry. I have a MS in Biochemistry and work in a research lab. I'm taking courses now to enter into yet another (PT night) degree program in Computer Science/ Information Technology....reason being, I don't want to be mixing chemicals for the next 30 years, and the computer science used in medical research is really freaking cool and I want in on the action!

I look forward to working with you - and hopefully some day, I will be able to help out the beginners!!! :rolleyes:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introductions

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introductions

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey its SO GOOD to have you!! You'll find tons of resources her on Java and any other mainstream language! Feel free to cruise our tutorials and forums! Post something up on how computer science is used (that you've seen) in Corner Cubicle. We'd love to have some info!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introductions

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hello and welcome to dream.in.code!

I have this same disease (as I am sure plenty of our other members do, too):

even when I get frustrated, I can't stop myself from trying to figure out what is wrong with my code!

You'll fit in nicely I think. If you have questions, post them in the forums. Great having you here with us! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1