4 Replies - 428 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

My intro -- hello from Boston, MA!

Post icon  Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hi. I'm an illustrator and designer working in Somerville, MA (five minutes from Boston). I do lots of design and UI work for software companies, and I also design web sites (the visuals, not the html). I spend most of my time in Photoshop and would consider myself an expert in it. Not so for Flash, though.

I've been playing with Flash for my personal amusement because I like to design simple strategy/arcade type games, and I just think it's cool. I'm a designer, not a programmer, and I'm virtually completely self-taught. I became passably good with ActionScript 2. Moving to ActionScript 3 has been frustrating to some degree. There's just so much to know that I can get lost in documentation without finding what I'm looking for. I think there are just a couple of key things that I'm missing, because I have enough experience with AS 2's procedural programming that this shouldn't really be too hard. However, finding the answers to exactly what I'm looking for has proven difficult.

I'm really hoping that I can find the answers to a few basic AS 3 concepts, and that some practical examples will help me "break through".

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My intro -- hello from Boston, MA!

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My intro -- hello from Boston, MA!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code darrellart! Wowies, got to watch the posting button to make sure you are not posting several times. But it is good to see an illustrator and designer on the board. I am sure a few of us can help you out with the actionscript problems. It is one of our slower forums so please show us some patience. But there is a talented staff in there and I am sure someone will know the answer.

Welcome aboard! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Welcome! Boston... What's in a name?.. :-)))
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the nice welcome. This is my first time on the site, so I may have inadvertently posted more than once, but I looked and I don't see any duplicates...

Anyway, I'm very optimistic about getting some succinct pointers here -- there seem to be a lot of dedicated members.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

Yes there are indeed many dedicated members! :-)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1