Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: *** My New Site ***

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: *** My New Site ***

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:48 AM

adnan : i deleted your thread in the coolsites section of the forum because we dont need double posts or spamming.

the site looks very templated. even if you made it all yourself you somehow need to break out of the form to add a little touch to it. its too formulated imo.

swish is very nonprofessional and you can do somthing much better up top.

too many banners at top. didnt even realize the swish one was for your site and not an advertisement for something.

the main thing is to break out of the format..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:08 AM

swish is only unprofessional if you happen to know that the person used swish--and 99% of the public won't know that.

but you spelled "beautiful" wrong in that banner.

i agree, too many banners and crap (and what's with that big flash add that takes up half my screen?)

put some space between the text and the sides of the boxes so they aren't running into each other.

otherwise, looks good. i like the colours.

oh, you have a couple of different fonts going on... might want to make them consistent.

oh... and the page transitions are annoying (imho)

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:26 AM

i dont think swish is unprofessional because i know the tool used but because of the effects it produces. it doesnt look very good..

there are much better things than a swish banner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:57 AM

I used SWiSH for over a year before i switched to flash , the new swish is like flash 4, with some premade stuff, you can do a lot of manual work with swish just like flash, but hey, if your starting out with basic flash work and want to use some pre made effects , go for it, its not that its un professional its that the effects it has are very basic and easy to do, so the effects get over played, If your going to use SWiSH , be orginal and try making your own effects..

Get inspired, go to www.flashkit.com , go into the SWiSH site check, some of the stuff they can do with swish is insane, some of the work iv'e seen in there is better then a lot of flash work ive seen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2003 - 11:01 PM

I think you have some of the right ideas, in terms of making the template for the content area match the invisionboard... however it does look far to "templaty" If that makes sence... Also, I have to agree the swish stuff is highly annoying and doesn't fit. Also that page transition, PLEASE get rid of that... lmao. Otherwise, I think you're on the right idea with a lot of the stuff, but, yea pretty much what everyone said...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Guest_Red93CobraR*

Post icon  Posted 31 May 2003 - 02:55 PM

Kill the "Flash" Header. It's really really hokey and looks horrible. However, that again is simply my 2 cents and just my opinion.

--Adam
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1