3 Replies - 1066 Views - Last Post: 07 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

course selection help

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hey all. I am a new member to DIC however I've been using the forums to help me in my studies for quite a while. Now that the semester is almost over I'm getting ready for the next semester by selecting my courses. My problem is that I need to take one more 3 credit course in the coming semester in order to be considered a full time student and I can't for the life of me find something worth taking.

I am looking to the DIC community to maybe give me some help, idea or advice. I'm a computer science major with an emphasis on network and information security. I have no other CS related courses I can take this coming semester so I need to take an "off major" course. I am interested in working overseas once my degree is finished. I had thought about taking a foreign language course however I'm not sure how the combination of learning a spoken language at the same time as a spoken language will work out.

Can anyone out there offer some advice as to some courses that might be useful to me? Also any suggestions as to a course minor would also be appreciated. I have brought this subject up to my advisor but he hasn't been all that great of a help.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

T.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: course selection help

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: course selection help

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

accounting, though hailed as dry, with the right instructor it makes the same intuitive sense as programming (you have these complex things built from a few simple rules), and is a good starting place developing and "enterprise" mindset.

Just one man's opinion,

-Jerome
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

I second accounting. Or at the very least some business finance class.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what courses are available along those lines. I am still taking any suggestions as I have a good bit of time before this all becomes final. I'm being one of those jerks that signs up for more than he takes as to hold a seat so I don't get locked out of the class.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1