access database search engine

how to make a search engine to search data in database?

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 5857 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2009 - 10:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

access database search engine

Post icon  Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

hi everyone,

i'm stuck at here. how to make a search engine to search data in our database? i'm using access 02-03 format and i also used ADO Data Control 6.0 component to connect the database with my system. it is right, ryte?

the way i planned earlier is by using 2 textboxes. the first textbox will be connected with the data while the second textbox will be used for the user to search data they want. once they click a command button, the second textbox will be compared with the first one. this is my code.

x = text1.text
y = text2.text

Do while (x <> y)
Adodc1.Recordset.MoveNext
Loop

MsgBox "Data Found!"

The system that i coded should work in theory. As this will has a bug if the data is not in the database, i planned to use a simple debug handler to tell the user that the data they searched is not in the database.

on error GoTo localHandler:

x = text1.text
y = text2.text

Do while (x <> y)
Adodc1.Recordset.MoveNext
Loop

MsgBox "Data Found!"

Exit Sub

localHandler:
MsgBox "Data not found!"

The question now; why it can't work? and what should i do? i found a code snippet written by someone in this forum but i don't have any idea how to manipulate the code since the code given didn't work well too for my system. please help me on this. :blink:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: access database search engine

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: access database search engine

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

as i see on the condition you will do the search until the x is not equal to y right
but will you going to show the result of your search if there is the data found?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1