4 Replies - 2556 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2009 - 02:30 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to integrate many projects as one project

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

we are working on a project. three different people are coding the forms seperatly. now we need to integrate all three into one project. how can we doo that in visual studio.net
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to integrate many projects as one project

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to integrate many projects as one project

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

well first i'd suggest you get yourselves some type of source control. you could pick up subversion which is free and also tortoiseSVN which integrates with subversion. after which create one solution and add all three projects to the solution. with the source control you can check things out, merge changes, revert back to a previous version of code if something goes wrong and so on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:00 AM

View Postdklingman, on 14 Jan, 2009 - 04:38 AM, said:

well first i'd suggest you get yourselves some type of source control. you could pick up subversion which is free and also tortoiseSVN which integrates with subversion. after which create one solution and add all three projects to the solution. with the source control you can check things out, merge changes, revert back to a previous version of code if something goes wrong and so on.

i dont understand what u say
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

if you have multiple people working on one application, but each person is working on a different piece or even if two or more are working on the same piece you should have source control to keep your code. the other thing is if you have multiple project files that relate to one program you should have created it as a solution and added the project files to the solution.

definition of source control: http://en.wikipedia..../Source_control

notice in the image i've pasted how i have a solution with 3 project in it.
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Just to mention, that if you use Visual Studio 2008 (or 2005) Team System Team Suite, then you have the Team Foundation Server product, which offers features for parallel development (development of a project by a group of developers) in Microsoft Visual Studio.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1