7 Replies - 990 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi everyone!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a freshman at Bucknell University going for a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering. I have some previous programming experience in Java, and I know basic HTML. I used to know a little C++ but I turned my sights over to Java, so I really only program in that, which is bad. Any suggestions for another language to learn? My current comp sci class is a joke - but its an easy A, so woohoo, lol. Anyways, this place looks like a great community, so I'm eager to dive in! Haha. See you around the forum!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi everyone!

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi everyone!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Good Morning!

Welcome aboard D.I.C. and the insanity we call coding. :)

I, too, have some grounding in JAVA, and am working on learning Visual Basic [at the urging of my sister]. What you learn should probably depend on what your goal is.

What type of programming do you eventually want to get into?

View PostMatzoMeal, on 19 Jan, 2009 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I'm a freshman at Bucknell University going for a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering. I have some previous programming experience in Java, and I know basic HTML. I used to know a little C++ but I turned my sights over to Java, so I really only program in that, which is bad. Any suggestions for another language to learn? My current comp sci class is a joke - but its an easy A, so woohoo, lol. Anyways, this place looks like a great community, so I'm eager to dive in! Haha. See you around the forum!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

hey MatzoMeal, welcome to D.I.C. , java is a great programming language it is my best and i liked more than any language it is not bad to know only one language as long as you are good at it, actually i prefer knowing one or two languages and be good at them instead of knowing six and being bad or medium at them, i will be more than happy to answer your java,html, and css questions and help you out, i am sure that you have schosen the right community and i hope that you will have some good and rewarding time here, i hope to see you around, good luck in your university, i am a sophomore university student too ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

Nice of you to join us! Welcome! Enkoy your stay! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

I would like to point you in the direction of our site rules. SITE RULES

Please take the time to read over these rules to see how the forums are run. I would also like to bring to your attention that before you make
any post here there will be a post that will display some of the rules and guidelines we would like you to follow when you are making a post.

:code:

When posting a question or a problem, please remember the more information that you provide us with about your issue the better we will
be able to help you solve it!

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff memeber, and we will be more then happy to answer
any questions you might have.

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code!

-Justin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hmmm, I like playing with GUI's, and I like the idea of making games. So does that mean I should try out Visual Basic and C++?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Welcome!! You will love us :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -