1 Replies - 878 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Question About Possible Existing Solution

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

Background:

The ongoing project that I've been working on now for over a year now has come to the next phase. The client wants to have an internal mail system. Not like a webmail, but more like a help desk system. They want it so that when clients login and have questions about insurance claims that they can send a question to different people. There are three phases.
  • Create the basic email looking/functioning system
  • Create limiting so that clients can only send request to certain users
  • Create a routing system that can route the message(s) to the correct people that would be place in a queue

The system needs to be able to integrate with DB2, which I've hated having to deal with from the start

What I've found so far are systems that only support MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL and etc., but nothing that would work with DB2. These other products would be great, IF, the client wasn't so objective about adding another database server.

So my question is, does anyone know of at least an ASP.NET 2.0 control that would have an interface that looks like a mail system, but that could be modified. This is really all that I need so that I don't have to re-create the wheel so to speak. This is something my manager keeps saying about that he can't believe that something like this doesn't exist already and that we should have to re-create something that he's sure already exists. I agree with him, but the problem is that the client, as I said before, doesn't want to add an additional database system. If I could, at a bare minimum, find a control as I stated earlier I believe that would be good enough.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question About Possible Existing Solution

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question About Possible Existing Solution

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

bea's weblogic can interface with db2 and they advertise for fitting the exact requirements you have. Its not a bad product, but its J2EE instead.

ibm has a competting project websphere, but I haven't used it and know very little about it (I wasn't involved in the trade that selected weblogic)

I did a search for c# to db2 and several hits; but I figure if your posting you proably have already looked at them. Don't forget about microsofts WCF framework. It should help you out in your case because .NET can call any other .NET code.

Salindor
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1