1 Replies - 1098 Views - Last Post: 02 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

is this design suitable for a laser hair removal website?

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

Hello, newbie here, this is my first real design job for a laser hair removal company based in toronto, i know it's not that great, and thats why i need you your reviews.
here you go: http://www.baywoodclinic.com/
thanks a lot.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: is this design suitable for a laser hair removal website?

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: is this design suitable for a laser hair removal website?

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

Is this design suitable for a laser hair removal website?

Thank you! That's the best topic title I've read in some time. :P

I don't know about suitable, however you're two lash widgets are overkill and don't work on my main browser; probably wrapped in a windows only codec. You should be able to achieve the same effect with an animated gif; far more universal. I block flash by default; many others do too.

You first page is quite a scroll; you could put the faq at the bottom on its own page. The massive header also seems much and you might consider putting it only on the first page. The giant red "new" probably shouldn't be bigger than the top itself. In general, new is a bad idea; makes everything else seem old.

Overall it's clean and readable. Try to keep yourself to one font face; you use "Verdana" most of the time, but it's not defined as default for the page. Careful with all the font sizes. Use CSS more and javascript less. Don't be afraid to hand edit your HTML.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1