3 Replies - 1122 Views - Last Post: 09 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Web Design Classes online?

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Has anyone earned a degree for Web Design/Development from an online college like U of Phoenix?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Web Design Classes online?

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web Design Classes online?

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

No. But I did earn a degree in which I took advanced Web Design and Client/Server Administration online.

They have their pros and cons. I liked the convenience of online classes which to me outweighed fighting for parking spaces, attendance issues and working according to the "college kid" schedule. Being an adult working a full time job and caring for a family; online classes made obtaining my degree that much easier.

I don't know anyone that graduated from University of Pheonix but I do know several Devry graduates that have excellent paying full time jobs.

Hope that helps!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

Has anyone went through ITT Tech?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

I just got mine in Computer Science from Troy State University. They are set up much like Phoenix with both online courses and campuses in many major cities. Some of the satellite campuses have a very limited course offering though. I don't recall what Phoenix's tuition was but I believe they were more expensive. I ultimately went with Troy because they were the only online school that had an actual 2-yr computer science degree. I wanted something to show on the way to my bachelor's and the only 2-yr IT degrees I saw offered were not much more than what I would consider basic PC Tech knowledge. I would recommend them for online courses.

I'm changing to a regular on-campus school to finish my bachelor's, but that's just because I found I don't do well with online courses in general. I need the direction and a set schedule. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1