1 Replies - 3492 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2009 - 07:45 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB6 to VB.Net/ASP.Net web application

Post icon  Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

hi!

I'm programming in visual basic 2008 right now. And I'm encountering some problems and errors in my project.

This are the things that i need to have an answer and i really need some help:

1. My problem is how could I transfer vb6 desktop application code into the vb.net web based application?

2. What is the Directory List box and the Drive List Box in vb.net web application?

3. How could list box divided into multiple columns in vb.net web application?

4. What is List View in VB.Net?

5. What should I use to view my data in my web page just like in the desktop application? Using List View/Using List Box?

Hope that you can help me with this.

Thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB6 to VB.Net/ASP.Net web application

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: VB6 to VB.Net/ASP.Net web application

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

View Postj0Hn.rEy_08, on 17 Feb, 2009 - 03:11 AM, said:

hi!

I'm programming in visual basic 2008 right now. And I'm encountering some problems and errors in my project.

This are the things that i need to have an answer and i really need some help:

1. My problem is how could I transfer vb6 desktop application code into the vb.net web based application?

2. What is the Directory List box and the Drive List Box in vb.net web application?

3. How could list box divided into multiple columns in vb.net web application?

4. What is List View in VB.Net?

5. What should I use to view my data in my web page just like in the desktop application? Using List View/Using List Box?

Hope that you can help me with this.

Thank you!

I would recommend you pick up a book on ASP.Net development. You can't transfer a vb6 ap to a asp.net application. You can re-write it to work in asp.net, but there will be trade offs.

To answer some of your questions (based on web development only):
2) No such control in asp.net - you could possibly use a tree view control or build a custom control.
3) It can't. Again, with use of css and a custom control you could come close.
4) No such control, you could use a repeater with custom css and come close.
5) Depending on how you want the data formated, gridview (tabular (updates,deletes, concurrency etc.)), datalist (flexible, requires html/css) or a repeater. If you need to show/edit one record at a time, then details view or form view might work best.

;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1