• (3 Pages)
  • +

35 Replies - 3047 Views - Last Post: 19 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

I dropped java

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

...And I can't fit it in my schedule for spring. *sigh* My computer died. I turned it on, and to my horror, I had no OS (I think). Now my screen wont even turn on. After a lengthy call to tech support, I get to send it in and have my motherboard replaced (cuz thats what they think is the problem). Stupid me, I didn't have hardly anything backed up, and I don't think I could have pulled 3 programs, 5 lab reports, and 2 essays out of my ass in 2 days, so I got rid of the 3 programs. :P I was behind and had a D- anyways :P

Have you ever dropped any classes. This was my first time. :(

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I dropped java

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I dropped java

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

I've never dropped a class. Come to think of it I don't have anything under a B in college. Condolences.

edit: why is this topic advanced? :P

This post has been edited by KYA: 19 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

So far, no I haven't dropped anything... granted the only class I would want to drop at this point is required for graduation... so that is kinda out of the question...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

I always make topics advanced when I think of it :P I got behind in Java because of MLK day and I got sick a few times. *sigh* Labs :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

I knew it was MLK's fault! They should judge you on the content of your character rather then the color of your code!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

last semester i dropped the introduction to communication networks course, i couldn't keep up with it because i was taking other difficult courses at the same time and i just couldn't cope with the load
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

I dropped American Literature. Don't know why I took it in the first place.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Occasional Member

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Lets see...
I dropped Algorithms last semester because I intentionally took on more credit hours than I thought I could handle. When it was time to cut a class I chose that one. I'll take it again next semester.

Then the semester I decided that I really, really, didn't want to be a Mechanical Engineer I dropped Heat Transfer and Advanced CAD/CAM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

This semester i was about to drop my accounting course, but i then i realized that i passed in it :D my average was the lowest among other courses in it though 75 although i thought it would be less than 70 and that would make me drop it (the minimum average for accounting in my major is 70/100) that was Fundamentals Of Accounting I now i still have Fundamentals of Accounting II , i really hate that subject and find it as the intruder course in my major(although it is a requirement) :( i hope i wont drop the Accounting II next semester, I will have to study on a daily basis or else i wont be able to keep up and eventually drop it... Yet so far i haven't dropped a course yet, i hope i wont bec. my grades are usually higher than 70 or above 80s in everything... :)

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 19 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Last semester I was taking:

Advanced C++ Applications
Intro to COBOL Mainframes
MSSQL and .NET Applications
Physics
Neurology

I dropped neurology because of the amount of homework. I already had a SHITTON of homework from the physics class... but the CS classes don't bother me. I was like 3-4 weeks ahead of the rest of the class in my comp classes like 99% of the time.

I suggest only taking 4 classes a semester. It may take a year longer to graduate... but I'd rather take that time to really focus on certain things rather than taking a chance at failing because I had to cram everything all at once.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

I had to drop a web development class, Linux Admin and Japanese 101 because of my job last semester. They were completely inflexible with training or my real work schedule. But I needed a job. Then I had to quit the job in January. I'm sooo mad because that was about $3,000 in tuition down the freaking drain
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:53 AM

I've had to drop a few classes, and failed a couple more due to work. My employers were never very education friendly. Even told a kid to skip his graduation before. Retail sucks :angry:

So far this quarter, they've tried making me work during pretty much every class, but luckily I've got a pretty cool dept. manager. It's frustrating though because they always intentionally increase my hours when I'm in school and decrease them when I have no class.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• May Your Swords Stay Sharp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

Even told a kid to skip his graduation before. Retail sucks

I would have just left them hanging. My old manager used to schedule me during my class times, I said you can schedule me but I won't be there as school comes first. They did this a few times and when I didn't show they stopped doing it. Then I started to do the schedule and had no problem anymore :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

I find myself enrolling in more hours that I want, that way I can drop a class.

I have never went a semester without dropping one. Does that make me a bad person?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

View PostBigAnt, on 22 Feb, 2009 - 04:40 PM, said:

I would have just left them hanging. My old manager used to schedule me during my class times, I said you can schedule me but I won't be there as school comes first. They did this a few times and when I didn't show they stopped doing it. Then I started to do the schedule and had no problem anymore :)

I wanted to do this, but I worked at a call center where not showing up equals not being employed. I have rent and babies (puppies and kitties) to support! Just kidding, but I actually wanted to leave that place. It sucked so much!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +