5 Replies - 1452 Views - Last Post: 01 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

A wee bit miffed....

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'm just a wee bit miffed that nobody has given any suggestions to some questions I posted in a forum...and also slightly embarrassed at the thought of the posts being somewhat 'silly' (I'm thinking this is why I've had no replies, which is so unlike DIC'ers). Is there any way I can remove them from the forum concerned?...My male pride is at stake here!! :blush:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A wee bit miffed....

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A wee bit miffed....

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

You don't have to be afraid that your posts appear silly. We have tens of new posts per day asking for programming help. Many of our members reply in these topics on a daily basis, helping solve the problems. If you did not get an answer for your question, this doesn't mean that the question is 'silly'. It only means that either nobody encountered such problems before, therefore cannot provide such help or just because we need you to show some effort in solving the problem.

Make sure you post the code you are working on, when posting a coding question and you will get a helpful reply.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

What's the post, maybe I missed it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 27 Feb, 2009 - 11:20 PM, said:

What's the post, maybe I missed it?

Hi P/C, the post's were in the Database forum, just asking for some advice re. some tables I've drawn up using SSMSE...this is just something I've ventured into, and making a first attempt at designing a database. What I've asked for is some guidance concerning the aforementioned tables (they appear in the code section...but somewhat skew-whiff for some reason). Many thanks to you and Core for your prompt response.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

I'm sorry for not being around (not that I am of any help to anyone, I have ADD and short-term memory loss. I'm like ten second Tom in 50 First Dates!)

Ratt
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

View PostRattsRule2, on 28 Feb, 2009 - 12:21 PM, said:

I'm sorry for not being around (not that I am of any help to anyone, I have ADD and short-term memory loss. I'm like ten second Tom in 50 First Dates!)

Ratt

I have ADHD and memory loss also, it's a lovely combo. Do you have dyslexia too (I'll kill the person who made it that hard to spell). You just need to really love the topic you're on about and not mind using http://en.wikipedia....narrative_mode) when writing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1