8 Replies - 1946 Views - Last Post: 01 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

• the rating girls give me after sex:

• View blog

My Girl's Site

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

i'm workin on my girlfriend's website that she has to make for class (they're trying to force her to do it ALL in GoLive, so i told her to just let me take care of it and i'd teach her the workings of webdesign this summer). well, anyways the requirements were:
  • one dhtml script
  • one animated image
  • rollovers (still getting around to those)
  • a logo (duh)
  • 5 pages
as wel as some other junk. i know it's far from finished, but would ya guys care to lemme know how my progress is so far? oh yeah, i'm restricted from php, argh.

oh yeah, here's the link.

thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My Girl's Site

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My Girl's Site

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

pretty nice.

And yes, not having php at your disposal can really ruin a good day. :\
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:46 PM

shouldnt the title be 'my girls site that i did instead of letting her learn and do her own work' ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:41 AM

supersloth, on Apr 25 2004, 11:46 PM, said:

shouldnt the title be 'my girls site that i did instead of letting her learn and do her own work' ?

more like 'my girls site that i did instead of letting her get completely lost in the horrible mess of GoLive and never understand webdesign from this day forth'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:14 AM

GoLive is just like any other software application. Should be no problem learning it, especially if it's part of a class assignmnent. I hate to see what happens should a pop quiz occur.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Innocent Shall Suffer, Big Time
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

GoLive is what Satan uses to steal souls, Jbssfelix has got the right idea in that he is SAVING HIS GIRLFRIENDS SOUL FROM FIREY HELL AND DAMNATION!!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:32 AM

well go ahead and have her period for her every month, too... i'm sure she'd like to be "saved" from that much more than from some simple app.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

lmao, go live sucks but most schools aren't going to start you off with DreamWeaver.

I started off in a photoshop graphics class in which the final was to use ImageReady to create a web page. Then I took 2 frontpage classes which we used Image Composer (remember that?!?!) to do the web pages.

I have yet to take a dreamweaver class, even in college, but I have taken HTML classes.

If she plans on actually doing web design as a career, or web development, systems analysis, or any other type of web field. She needs to learn the software, even if it sucks... it's a standard in some offices.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

skyhawk133, on Apr 26 2004, 01:45 PM, said:

lmao, go live sucks but most schools aren't going to start you off with DreamWeaver.

I started off in a photoshop graphics class in which the final was to use ImageReady to create a web page. Then I took 2 frontpage classes which we used Image Composer (remember that?!?!) to do the web pages.

I have yet to take a dreamweaver class, even in college, but I have taken HTML classes.

If she plans on actually doing web design as a career, or web development, systems analysis, or any other type of web field. She needs to learn the software, even if it sucks... it's a standard in some offices.

good point. no, she never plans on getting into the webdesign field at all. it's just some stupid lile project she had to work on. she does plan, however, do get more into it as a hobby this summer, which is why i told her to take a hiatus from GoLive and allow me to introduce her into the world of Dreamweaver and EditPlus2.
But yeah, project's done and over with...she's coming home Sunday, so it's not a big deal anyways. They didn't even comment on what was good/bad in her critique. Her prof in that class has been a major dick all semester for her, but what can ya do. oh that's right, give 'em a swift kick to the groin.

thanks for the comments though (minus jareds, that was uh, yeah...lol)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1